Proposal: ROR to Ottawa

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens are going all in. Reunite ROR with Duchene.

ROR

for

Derek Brassard
Clarke McArthur
Logan Brown
Thomas Chabot

hahaha, are you crazy???

How much is RoR an upgrade on DerIck Brassard?

Why would the Sens give up 2 beauty blue chip prospects like Brown and Chabot? 2 guys who are going to be a big part of the Sens future.

Also, no need to include MacArthur in proposals. Sens can LTIR his 4.65 cap hit WHEN needed. His salary is also 80% insured so he costs them under 1 M$ per season.

That's the package I'd give to get John Tavares, not RoR

Let's say Duchene and RoR have similar value (or close), and Brassard has similar value to Turris.

Chabot + Brown >>>>>>>>>>>> Bowers + late first

Gosh, I despise this proposal so much that I would literally resign as a Sens fan if it happened.

Chabot is a good enough prospect to be the main part from Ottawa. However, they aren't a cap team so if we retain 50% of ROR and take on McArthur it should warrant Logan Brown in the deal as well.

No, just no. Ottawa doesn't need to get rid of MacArthur's contract and yes, RoR makes too much for their liking.

I'd rather roll with Duchene, Brassard, Pageau and all of Brown, White, Chlapik and Batherson have top-6 C potential. A Center is the LAST thing Ottawa needs. The plan was to upgrade on Turris and that's what they did; and they didn't want to give one of their top-8 prospects.

I second your barf.

All in favour of barfing?

I am in a restaurant.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sens are going all in. Reunite ROR with Duchene.

ROR

for

Derek Brassard
Clarke McArthur
Logan Brown
Thomas Chabot

This is so brutal for the Sens.

Eichel must be somehow included? AVs for Duchene wanted either Brown or Chabot and received picks instead. ROR value is slightly less, although, close is nowhere near this amount of players.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not sure how many people know the level to which the Sens GM views Chabot as untouchable, but he's right up there with the likes of Karlsson and Stone. He's all in, like fully balls deep, on this kid being a star player.

But just to play along, I accept the OP's proposal, mostly because my acceptance means nothing and I don't want him to feel bad about writing a top 10 worst trade proposal of all time.

Seriously dude. That was just the worst.

But I accept it, and I accept you. Let's hug it out.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that's way too much by the Sens for ROR, If the Sens wouldn't move Chabot for Duchene. They surely wont move him for ROR.

I'm flat out shocked Sabres fans haven't asked for Karlsson for ROR.

Melnyk being one of the stingiest Owners in the league, would probably have a heart attack if he needed to pay ROR, Ryan, and Karlsson big bucks and then the rest of his contracts that will be coming up.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm flat out shocked Sabres fans haven't asked for Karlsson for ROR.

Melnyk being one of the stingiest Owners in the league, would probably have a heart attack if he needed to pay ROR, Ryan, and Karlsson big bucks and then the rest of his contracts that will be coming up.
Adding ROR plus resigning both Duchene and Karlsson is going to be pretty expensive don't see Melnyk agreeing to that.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Look at Brassard's salary next year (3.5m in total), and what ROR makes next year (8.5 million). Look at their reluctance to pay Turris, and you really think they are doing to go all in on ROR?

Yes, they are dumping MacArthur salary, that is most likely 80% covered by insurance.

I heard on a radio show last year that it's exactly that. 80%
So Melnyk is paying MacArthur 0.950 which isn't really all that much I guess.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Chabot is a good enough prospect to be the main part from Ottawa. However, they aren't a cap team so if we retain 50% of ROR and take on McArthur it should warrant Logan Brown in the deal as well.

You're insane.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
ROR makes probably too much 7.5m for what he brings. You would think Sens (or any team) could spend 6m for a comparable UFA and keep it's young assets.

Good luck with that. Andrew Ladd and Loui Eriksson are recent UFAs who pulled in roughly 6m, if those are comparable to ROR to you then enjoy.

Before anyone jumps on me I am well aware this trade is beyond awful for Ottawa for the record

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's why we need a puking emoji
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif~c200

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I heard on a radio show last year that it's exactly that. 80%
So Melnyk is paying MacArthur 0.950 which isn't really all that much I guess.

You say it's not that much but remember this is a team that just paid Colorado a third round pick to pick up Hammond's 1 million....

When we got Brassard we paid a 2nd round pick to have NYR pay his 2 million bonus.

We literally sell draft picks for cash. You may not consider Mac's contract significant but I would not be surprised in the least bit if Melnyk is putting pressure on Dorion to trade him.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You say it's not that much but remember this is a team that just paid Colorado a third round pick to pick up Hammond's 1 million....

When we got Brassard we paid a 2nd round pick to have NYR pay his 2 million bonus.

We literally sell draft picks for cash. You may not consider Mac's contract significant but I would not be surprised in the least bit if Melnyk is putting pressure on Dorion to trade him.

True.

But now the rumor is he's retiring.
Ottawa Senators: Clarke MacArthur Rumoured To Retire

I'm not sure why he would do that though. Being on LTIR is basically free money. All you have to do is show up for a physical once a year.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I dont know what you're all talking about, i think this is a great proposal... Sabres accept :vhappy:

What number does Chabot want? How soon can he get here???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->