Proposal: ROR to Ottawa

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Yea that's no happening from an Ottawa POV.

That means we can't re-sign one of Stone, Karlsson or Duchene and we lose our 2 best prospects ang give up a 2nd line C on top of it.

It's not even close really.

There's a reason Ottawa insisted on not giving up Chabot/ Brown/White for Duchene. Definitely not hapoening for RoR.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Too much from Ottawa. The reason they overpaid is because they didn't want to give up Chabot. I doubt the upgrade from Brassard to RORis worth that much to them... Nevermind having to pay all that money to ROR and get Karlsson under contract.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Sens are going all in. Reunite ROR with Duchene.

ROR

for

Derek Brassard
Clarke McArthur
Logan Brown
Thomas Chabot
Chabot is a good enough prospect to be the main part from Ottawa. However, they aren't a cap team so if we retain 50% of ROR and take on McArthur it should warrant Logan Brown in the deal as well.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
ROR makes probably too much 7.5m for what he brings. You would think Sens (or any team) could spend 6m for a comparable UFA and keep it's young assets.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The whole point of Ottawa giving up Bowers a 1st and a 3rd was because they Didn't want to give up Brown, Chabot, or White.

I'm sure they could have drastically reduced the price if one of those were included

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

ROR

for

Derek Brassard
Clarke McArthur
Logan Brown
Thomas Chabot

Dumping MacArthur means nothing to Ottawa since he's on LTIR and his contract is insured, we don't need cap space as a budget team. We wouldn't pay to move his contract. So essentially this deal is Brassard who has been our second best forward this year + a top 3 prospect in the world + another blue chip prospect. That's ridiculous. I liken this upgrade as very similar to the upgrade from Turris to Duchene which cost a late 1st and a prospect who was a late 1st. Why would a similar upgrade require a top 3 prospect + a top 10 pick from 2 years ago. This is so bad.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

ROR

for

Derek Brassard
Clarke McArthur
Logan Brown
Thomas Chabot

What sort of future are the Sens going to have if both of these players are traded and there is no 1st or 2nd this year....

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Change it from ror to eichel and the trade makes some sense(bad for buffalo then) .... Otherwise

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Look at Brassard's salary next year (3.5m in total), and what ROR makes next year (8.5 million). Look at their reluctance to pay Turris, and you really think they are doing to go all in on ROR?

Yes, they are dumping MacArthur salary, that is most likely 80% covered by insurance.

Feb 24, 2017
Yea that's no happening from an Ottawa POV.

That means we can't re-sign one of Stone, Karlsson or Duchene and we lose our 2 best prospects ang give up a 2nd line C on top of it.

It's not even close really.

There's a reason Ottawa insisted on not giving up Chabot/ Brown/White for Duchene. Definitely not hapoening for RoR.
Well. It won’t happen now that they got Duchene.

You cannot be suggesting that Duchene is better than O’Reilly, right?

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Well. It won’t happen now that they got Duchene.

You cannot be suggesting that Duchene is better than O’Reilly, right?

Not at all, I prefer O'Reilly and personally by a wide margin.

That being said the price asked in this thread is so ridiculous that I'd much rather have Duchene. Losing Brown and even worse losing Chabot makes this a non-starter. A 1rst and Bowers is not close in value to Chabot and Brown.

Comparing a potential #1D and potential #1C vs a Potential middle 6C and a lotto protected pick.

Reactions: Sami Salo

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Lol this is probably top 3 for me as in worst trades ive ever seen on this site

I wouldnt even do this trade for Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad