Proposal: ROR to Montreal proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Lehkonen is getting very underrated here, sure he's not a sexy name like Sergachev but the kid is gonna be a 30-goal scorer and will be a major part of Buffalo's top-6. He is damn good. It hurts the Habs to give him up. He is only 22 and O'Reilly is 27, he will fit much better with Buffalo's young core. I understand people are throwing around Zadorov's name from the other trade with Colorado, but who's to say Lehkonen doesn't developp into an equal player to Zadorov? One poster in this thread also just mentionned Scherbak may have higher ceiling than Lehkonen. So you're getting two potential 55-60 pts wingers who are still extremely young, you're getting a potential starter in Lindgren and you're getting a high second round pick. I mean would you rather have Compher and Grigorenko than this?

And also what team out there has the cap space and the desire to acquire ROR while giving up a top-5 pick or a Drouin-esque player?

A package highlighted by a Lehkonen-type player is not a bad deal at all and will likely be in the ballpark for ROR. I mean it was rumoured Pittsburgh only offered something like Rust+Simon for Max Domi. Teams are not lining up to overpay for players.

If you think about it Lehkonen would likely be a mid-1st round pick in a re-draft. So you're getting a mid-1st and you're piling on Scherbak, Lindgren and a high 2nd to that. That's good value for ROR.

If these guys are so good why don't you just keep them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'll give our 2nd round pick in exchange for Hab fans never making a proposal for ROR again.

Reactions: AndreRoy

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Only one winger in Habs that intresse Buffalo, and it is Drouin.so you should start with him.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How to empty the cupboard for a 2nd line center. That being said, Buffalo would not do this, a classic quantity for quality trade.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Sure they do. The number three pick. Buffalo would do that. Not sure Montreal would.

That wouldn't make sense for Buffalo at this point. Obviously it would be nice to have another high end winger prospect in our organization, but O'Reilly would need to net us an equally skilled current roster player for Buffalo to pull the trigger on a trade.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Every single player you offer here are dime a dozen players that other teams have themselves. They are obviously not as HIGHLY valued as your own legendary MTL players, but it's basically bunch of shit (and contract slots) for an actual top center. This is the epitome of a bad proposal - so many moving parts and nothing the other team wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad