Prospect Info: Roope Hintz 2nd Round 49th Overall 2015 Draft.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I didn't bring up that the Stars scouts said he got a mid 1st round grade from them, you did. Anybody who thinks he is a top 15 player in his class today is welcome to say so, and anybody who thinks that statement is an indictment of the Stars scouting in general is also free to express that opinion. I'm not talking about the latter but the former is demonstrably not so today.

By comparing Hintz to Laine you are saying they are comparable. Actions, comparing in this case, speak louder than words, here the denial of comparison. This is basic stuff. And you aren't using Laine as a benchmark because the comparison you deny you are making is between goals in a draft +2 year and in a draft year. Laine put up those numbers as a 17 year old while Hintz did so when he was 20, these things should not be given equal weight. Even if this made any sense, Laine had more points and a higher ppg which he followed with a monster playoffs and then a bunch of senior caps. When Hintz was 18 he went 5g 12a in 42 and Laine went 17g 16a in 46. No numbers are in Hintz's favor.

I'll say again, which player do you see when McDonnell and Takko are praising Hintz? You put so much faith in those words and had lots to say about people who think they made a mistake so let's not do that and just stick with the guys who know what they are talking about. It doesn't say IQ or two-way or playmaking at all so which forward line doesn't need these things to be a success at the NHL level?

Finally as to versatility, I can't name 5 lines that would be worse with Laine. No team I can think of is too deep for him to play on nor is there a team he would not improve. You put your sights on Shore and Eakin earlier. Even if Hintz is as good as either of those players there are dozens of lines he would not improve and several teams that would not have a spot for him. I doubt he'll make the Stars, how can he be "much more versatile" than Laine if he isn't even in the NHL?

And if you've seen a bunch of his games, that's great. It makes zero sense to cherry pick the most feeble boxcar argument to make your point if you have literally any other frame of reference.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
You could have easily just said you disagree for no particular reason and would've gotten the same point across. You didn't say anything that discredits my argument other than "Laine has a lot going for him athletically" and "Hintz was taken in the 2nd round". That part of your argument is especially ridiculous seeing as how I stated that Dallas would've taken him 1st round if they had another pick.

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks his game will translate to the NHL.

Edit: Also forgot to mention he was injured for 5 months in 2015-16 missing all of his training camp and the first 2 months of his season, then came back and didn't miss a step. Helped his team get to the league championship series and also won a gold medal with Finland. Was 1st line center between Laine and Saarela for Finland's U20 team at the Four Country Tourney, and was Captain of that team. Do we just ignore that kind of résumé because he was drafted in the 2nd round and his last name isn't Puljujarvi or Laine? C'mon.

You have gotten some misunderstandings so may i correct you.

1 FEL teams not have training camps.
2 Every FEL teams preseason starts in early August and ends mid September when regular season starts.
3 Hintz didn't play with Laine and Saarela in 2016 world juniors. His linemates were Rantanen and Kalapudas.
4 Hintz ( born 1996) isn't same age than Laine he's 2 yrs older than Laine ( born 1998)

All these two seasons in HIFK Hintz has suffered from injuries.
This season Hintz missed 16 games due to injury and that's why he played only 44 regular season ( FEL regular season is 60 games) games and scored 30 points ( 19+11).
During the two periods in HIFK Hintz has missed 43 regular season games for injuries and he's played only 77 regular season games and those games he's scored 50 points ( 20+30).

All these injuries which Hintz has had in HIFK could have been avoided if HIFK would have full-time athletic therapist and conditioning coach.
But also that doesn't mean Hintz is injury prone player HIFK has only team doctor ( Petri Helenius) who's not involved players physique workout for making practice programs.

Hintz's 2yrs contract with HIFK expires this spring and right at the moment his sequel in HIFK is wide open.
There is chance he comes over to Texas Stars next season but nothing hasn't set in stone.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
"Is Roope Hintz Versatile?" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
[MOD]

Hintz has been pretty highly thought of, and not just in his draft year. Give the kid some time in NA and lets see how his game translates. He's only 20 years old for Christ sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Roope Hintz has selected Team Finland's last 2017 IIHF world championships training camp roster.
Also HIFK's season ended this past Friday (April 21) when they lost FEL bornze game vs JYP in Jyvaskyla.

Hintz was involved all HIFK's goals and he recorded 5 points ( 1 goal + 4 assists).
Hintz's contract with HIFK has expired and it's wide open will he play in HIFK or north america next season.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They're just sucking up to Heiskanen. Trying to convince him to come over now and play with his buddy in the AHL for 1 year before they both become ROY candidates.

:sarcasm:

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
They're just sucking up to Heiskanen. Trying to convince him to come over now and play with his buddy in the AHL for 1 year before they both become ROY candidates.

Hold the phone

Hintz gets the Calder in 2018
Heiskanen gets the Calder in 2019

----

Okay, I've reached my silly sarcastic fantasy quota for the day

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think we should get two after Klingberg got robbed

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The Ekblad Calder is hilarious in retrospect

im thankful Klingberg didn't win it, mightve cost an extra 500k in cap space

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
#1 Overall
Good Canadian Boy
Big & Strong
Plays The Right Way
Calder Trophy Winner
Ultra Concussed Brain
$7,500,000 Until 2025

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Shapiro said the plan is for Hintz to play at center in Texas. Makes no sense for him to play 4th line center though so that likely means Dowling or Morin to the wing. Dickinson probably sticks at center for the same reason Hintz will. Nill said they wanted to keep that versatility with the idea he might be a center at the NHL level.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
"Future of entire organization is bright thanks to .5 ppg AHL season from 21 year old"

Reactions: Satan

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah the headline is a little much. I'm guessing this will be the norm from Heika now (assuming he writes the headlines).

I'm interested to see how Hintz will fair. He looks like he could be Janmark 2.0 with better touch around the net, but we'll see.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad