Rookies still in Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaborikRules10!!! said:
Brent Burns, Matt Foy and Stephane Veilluex are still in Wild camp. Burns signed the 3 year deal yesturday and Lemaire says that he will be on the team once the regular season starts.

What's the word on Rickard Wallin? It was my understanding that with Dupuis and Gaborik not signed, there would be some space available. Maybe his camp was atrocious though.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
The Predators have Robert Schnabel, Marek Zidlicky, and Andrew Hutchinson in addition to Jordin Tootoo and Dan Hamhuis. The biggest suprise of this group is Hutchinson who has really turned his game around. He spent time in the ECHL because of poor play in the 'A'. He's tough, solid if not spectacular and is drawing rave reviews from the coaching staff.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
boston:

toivonen is back in providence, but looks like the real deal in net.
jurcina remains in boston, but i believe he's on his way to the AHL for seasoning.
zinovjev should stick in boston all year, and by midseason could be seeing time on the 2nd line.
bergeron may stick for a few games in the beginning, but i think he's too physically immature to handle an entire NHL season at 18. i'd like to see them send him back to juniors, let him dominate, and hopefully he can put on 10-15 pounds of muscle over next summer. this kid looks like a young adam oates though...wow :bow:

oh- martin samuelsson and zdenek kutlak are still around. kutlak's chances are not as good as samuelsson's, but my guess is that both of them wind up back in the AHL (unless kutlak is taken tomorrow in the waiver draft)

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
Gervais reportedly signed with the Isles. (A Canadiens fan with "inside info" reported it on the Isles board.

Would that be a first for a non-overage player chosen in the sixth round to make the team in his draft year on a non-expansion team?

monarchy

Jul 16, 2002
Visit site
Kings are still at 36 including the injured but they still have in camp: Dustin Brown, Esa Pirnes, Tim Gleason, Denis Grebeshkov and Martin Strbak (no calder eligibility for Strbak)

Grebeshkov played his first preseason game tonight v. Anaheim.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Grebeshkov played well and Brown scored again

So that is 4 goals for Dustin Brown. Who has been called by the Media Justin and Kevin Brown this year.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
@DarkHorse

well, i doubt it's a first, being as things were different in the start of the nhl draft however many years ago. but he has made a huge impression. he does not have the body to play 82 games in the nhl. maybe 25, max. he may get 10, jmo. this guy appears to be a practical golden boy for milbury, who has long said its not worth taking dmen in the first 2 rnds. he already stole chara, and if gervais becomes even a modicum of how good his potential looks right now, the isles have a future powerplay qb once hammer leaves, waiting in the wings

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Canucks Have

Ryan Ready, and Jason King with the big club

Im not sure if Ready is qualified as a rookie, but i think he is!

Seguin19

Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Bruno Gervais

Bruno Gervais has signed a three-year contract with the New York Islanders, BUT was returned to his junior team, the Acadie Bathurst Titan of the QMJHL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->