Rookie tourny performances?

leafaholix*

who's standing out from your organization?

- John Mitchell has 8 points in 2 games for Toronto. He's dominating the games.
- Invitee Brent Aubin has 7 points in 2 games.
- 13th overall pick (2006) Jiri Tlusty has 5 points in 2 games. Fantastic player, similar to Alex Steen.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
Grabovski (or sky) looks like the one standing out for Montreal, Price and Cedrick Desjardins (an invite I think) also had good games in net.

Kopitar is turning some heads, but other than being very glad he does, I don't know much about...

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, and Tom Pyatt all looked pretty solid in game #1 vs Tampa Bay. All had goals with Staal notching the gwg.

Leslie Treff noted how much better Staal looked from last spring in his first pro stint w/ the Wolfpack. This will contribute to many Ranger fans saying that Staal has a better chance to make the big club out of training camp.

There is also a lot of talk about how much bigger Dubinsky seems to have gotten. People at the tournament seem to think that he may be a solid 6-1 to 6-2 and be up to anywhere from 210 - 220. He was maybe 5-10 180 ish when he was drafted.

Pyatt seems to be further enhancing his stature as the steal of the draft for the Rangers.

The standouts in the Rangers game #2 loss to Atlanta were Brodie Dupont and Ryan Russell. Russell was the last Ranger selection, 7th round in the 2005 draft. He has continued to elevate his game since draft day. Dupont has done much the same since he was drafted. Moose has fans excited with a great combination of size, skill and grit.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Our kids aren't in a tourny, but from rookie camp and last week's preconditioning stints, Schremp, Mikhnov, Gilbert and Thoresen seem to be leading the pack.

No big surprises there as those are the kids expected to challenge for roster spots along with the kids not at rookie camp (Pouliot, Smid, Jacques)

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
For minnesota, Clayton Stoner has been a rock defensively in the games they've played- Assistant GM Tommy Thompson has been mentioning his name repeatedly in the rookie tourney game reports.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I dont think you can read too much on point production in such a "tourny".

Baby Habs just destroy York University by the margin of 15-1...

Dont know the boxscore yet but i think it's fairly obvious it wont tell the whole story anymore after such a game.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I dont think you can read too much on point production in such a "tourny".

Baby Habs just destroy York University by the margin of 15-1...

Dont know the boxscore yet but i think it's fairly obvious it wont tell the whole story anymore after such a game.

mathieu carle got 7 pts , 2 g 5 a

grabovski with 2 goals

s.kostitsyn with 1 g 4 a

latendresse with 3 a

mathieu aubin with 2 g 3 a

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad