Rookie to pick for my pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was

Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
For my pool, we have to choose a rookie. We only counts the point the rookie is doing (no +/- and stuff like that)

I'm picking third and I know that Staal and Ruutu are going to go in the top 2 spots.

I don't really know who to pick. I was thinking about Sejna, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think and what do you guys are going to pick.
Thanks

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
It depends on the scoring system, but if it's a keeper pool I'd take Horton or MA Fleury. Especially Fleury, he was phenomenal in his debut, and that doesn't happen a lot to 18y.o., especially goalies.

#37-#93-#27*

Was said:
For my pool, we have to choose a rookie. We only counts the point the rookie is doing (no +/- and stuff like that)

I'm picking third and I know that Staal and Ruutu are going to go in the top 2 spots.

I don't really know who to pick. I was thinking about Sejna, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think and what do you guys are going to pick.
Thanks
What other stats are basis for scoring? Is this a keeper league or not?

If it's a ONE YEAR league Sejna is a good pick, playing with Weight on his wing.
Keeper league I would go with MA Fleury. His lack of wins and probably high GAA will hurt you for points if it's a one year league.

Was

Apr 28, 2002
Visit site

It's a pool where only points count, so i can't really pick Fleury or Piktanen.
It's a regular season pool(1 yr)

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
I'd take a serious look at Marek Zidlicky, I took him with my last pick in my own draft and so far he's playin pretty good, especially for a rookie. I don't think he's eligible for the calder trophy, but he is a rookie none the less. If you are gonna take a rookie, take one on defence where the difference between him and another Dman you could pick will be very little, if not Zidlicky outscoring some of them. That is if Sejna is gone.
I'd pick:
Sejna
zidlicky

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Stanger31 said:
I'd take a serious look at Marek Zidlicky, I took him with my last pick in my own draft and so far he's playin pretty good, especially for a rookie. I don't think he's eligible for the calder trophy, but he is a rookie none the less. If you are gonna take a rookie, take one on defence where the difference between him and another Dman you could pick will be very little, if not Zidlicky outscoring some of them. That is if Sejna is gone.
I'd pick:
Sejna
zidlicky

Zids is eligible for the Calder. He bumps up against the age ceiling but he ducks under.

The player must not be older than 26 years before September 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

Zidlicky turns 26 on February 3rd of next year.

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
SmokeyClause said:
Zids is eligible for the Calder. He bumps up against the age ceiling but he ducks under.

The player must not be older than 26 years before September 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

Zidlicky turns 26 on February 3rd of next year.

I think your math is off. He was born in 77, and on Feb 3rd 2004 he will be 27? Or is my math off? as of feb. 3rd, 2003 he was ineligible correct?

SHUDO

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Ryder is the man to choose. His past consitant play can give us a good assumption of the type of year he will probably have. I may be wrong,but I believe he is a sure bet for a top 3 rookie point scorer for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->