Rookie Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Guys,

Selanne, Lindros and Forsberg had huge impacts in their Rookie seasons. They scored more than 1 pt per game. Since those guys nobody was able to put such great numbers like Lindros. I know, it has lot changed in the game... harder defense, hits etc.

We have with Ovechkin and Crosby two very highly touted players. Many scouts predict those two a great future in the NHL and compare they already with former Hall of Famers like Dionne, Gretzky etc.

Are they able to put in their "Rookie-Season" such great numbers (over 1 pt per game), like Lindros did or has the game too much changed???

:bow:

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
right now I'd say no, the Nhl has changed too much, but things could still change before they arrive in the nhl.

Hypothetically if Ovechkin or Crosby make Pittsburgh, the pens would arguably be a better team than the one that Mario arrived on...which would make an interesting comparison. Time will tell

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
In this NHL only few established players can reach the 1 point-per-game mark.

I think that a rookie could have a wonderful season if he reach a similar amount of points scored in their rookie year by Heatley and Kovalchuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->