Rookie Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjtflames

Jul 14, 2005
I was wondering which rookies have had the most impact on their team with their play so far this season. I know it is early, but was just a little curious. Here is my list:

1. Ovechkin (the only talent on a bad team)
2. Ward (has taken over the starting goalie spot on a bad team, and looked good)
3. Crosby (looking good, team should be better around him with that talent)
4. Phanuef (playing like a number 1 defenseman)
5. Svatos (if it weren't for him the Avs would be in trouble so far)
6. Lundqvist (taking over the number one spot from Kevin WEAKes soon enough)
7. Vorobiev (quitely putting up good numbers)
8. Steen (a rookie doing well on the Leafs, thats crazy talk, he should be in the AHL for 5 years first)
9. Tyutin (number 1 d-man minutes)

This is just a list I thought of off the top of my head. Probably missed someone in there. Let me know your thoughts.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
kjtflames said:
I was wondering which rookies have had the most impact on their team with their play so far this season. I know it is early, but was just a little curious. Here is my list:

1. Ovechkin (the only talent on a bad team)
2. Ward (has taken over the starting goalie spot on a bad team, and looked good)
3. Crosby (looking good, team should be better around him with that talent)
4. Phanuef (playing like a number 1 defenseman)
5. Svatos (if it weren't for him the Avs would be in trouble so far)
6. Lundqvist (taking over the number one spot from Kevin WEAKes soon enough)
7. Vorobiev (quitely putting up good numbers)
8. Steen (a rookie doing well on the Leafs, thats crazy talk, he should be in the AHL for 5 years first)
9. Tyutin (number 1 d-man minutes)

This is just a list I thought of off the top of my head. Probably missed someone in there. Let me know your thoughts.
Your list is pretty solid.
1. AO - IMO best rookie in the league
2. Crosby - Not quite as impressive as AO, but still damn good
3. Lundqvist - Been playing stellar, the real deal
4. Vorobiev - Look at his stats, and by reports has been a big suprise
5. Ward - #1 starter in Caroline, on the surface that means very little, but has played well
6. Olesz - Homer pick, but this guy gets no hype, no attention, not the best stats, but easily the panthers best foward in nearly all the games he played
7. Svatos - Similar to Vorobiev
8. Richards - Better than i expected

jester099

Aug 19, 2005
Montreal
Our rookies in Montreal are a big part of our great start.

They do all the little things. They add loads of speed.

Perezhogin is playing on the first line and doing great. He's complimenting Koivu and Kovalev really well. He's producing at bout 1 point per game since he's in the lineup.

Plekanecs has been shuffled from line to line, but he did great averywhere he played. The last couple of games he played on the 2nd line, and he really helped Ribeiro and Ryder.

Higgins is playing mostly on a energy line with Begin, and they are great at forechecking, and they even scored a couple of important goals.

There are not as flashy or plublisized as others, but they are doing wonder for our team.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If I had to list the rookies that impressed me the most in order...(not sure if Ryan Miller is still considered a rookie, if so, he's somewhere in here)

1.Ovechkin
2.Crosby
3.Richards
4.Vorobiev
5.Perezhogin
6.Ward
7.Phaneuf
8.Steen
9.Svatos
10.Tyutin

Others...Vanek, Alberts, Higgins, Plekanec, Michalek, Meszaros...

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Seabrook, getting 2nd pair time everynite & doesn't look out of place. Very instinctive. And last nite, Bourque got moved up with Arnason/Vorobiev & did 1G, 2A. Now if we could get anybody else (veteran-wise) to contribute (and stop taking so many penalties)..........

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Meszaros is playing like a top 4 d-man at 19 years old on Ottawa. That should say something about his play :) He's even been practising on the 1st PP Unit with Redden.

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
I'll just assume that you guys didn't know that Miller was a rook. He's been awesome, and as mentioned has played every minute of every game for a Sabres team that is 6-2 to start.

ITS MILLER TIME

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Sting004 said:
Meszaros is playing like a top 4 d-man at 19 years old on Ottawa. That should say something about his play .
He's 20. He's a 1985 player but didn't opt into the draft a year late.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
He's 20. He's a 1985 player but didn't opt into the draft a year late.

Only partially true. His birthday is October 13th, 1985. Yes, he's a 1985, and yes he's now 20 (although he was 19 when the season opened), but he did not opt out at any point. He was a late 85, and was eligible first in 2004, like Ovechkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad