Pre-Game Talk: Rongos vs Kings - 12/15/17 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They should be motivated to play them, let`s go!! )

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
No one wants to talk about it but our center depth is a joke. Maybe we should be talking about Jeff Gortonband the terrible trade this off season. DD should never even be close to the top 6. This team needs to make another trade for a center.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
"Alright team. We're getting ready to play the Kings, so I have some words for you before we start our practice. Buchie, you're on the 4th line tonight."
"Wat?"
"You scored a goal. Don't need everyone else feeling pressured. Vesey, you're on the first line. I like your ability."
"Ability to do what? Coach, he couldn't even pass the salt at dinner last night. He just flung it across the table and it hit Staalsy in the other eye."
"It's true. I am 100% blind now."
"OK Staaly, you're with Ryan on the first pair."

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
*You don`t have depth like in soccer @Flying Puck - if u get one injury the next depth guy need to step up or an ELC prospect.
That`s the main weakness with cap leagues, and it`s the same for all NHL teams.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
"Alright team. We're getting ready to play the Kings, so I have some words for you before we start our practice. Buchie, you're on the 4th line tonight."
"Wat?"
"You scored a goal. Don't need everyone else feeling pressured. Vesey, you're on the first line. I like your ability."
"Ability to do what? Coach, he couldn't even pass the salt at dinner last night. He just flung it across the table and it hit Staalsy in the other eye."
"It's true. I am 100% blind now."
"OK Staaly, you're with Ryan on the first pair."
Is this how fireman lonely 2 starts

Reactions: Killem Dafoe

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thinking about going tomorrow night. Going to be in the city for business. I am 6-0 so far this season, and they might need my support. lol.

Reactions: Ori

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
6 in 9. No time to dwell on Ottawa. Hope we can bounce back against the Kings.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AV claimed Zibanejad might practice today, and then he might've played tomorrow. No practice today. AV usually mandates a practice before a player is allowed to play. That means Zibanejad would have to wait until Tuesday to play.

I say schedule a practice of all the bad players, make them show up tomorrow morning, full practice to help Zibanejad get up to speed, that way Zibanejad can get back into the lineup. The good players can have that practice off. We need Zibanejad back in the lineup tomorrow, if possible.

Reactions: Fvital92

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV claimed Zibanejad might practice today, and then he might've played tomorrow. No practice today. AV usually mandates a practice before a player is allowed to play. That means Zibanejad would have to wait until Tuesday to play.

I say schedule a practice of all the bad players, make them show up tomorrow morning, full practice to help Zibanejad get up to speed, that way Zibanejad can get back into the lineup. The good players can have that practice off. We need Zibanejad back in the lineup tomorrow, if possible.
If this was a regular injury, I would agree. But for coming off a concussion, I'd hesitate.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It should all depend when the doctors clear him to play.

If he's cleared to return tomorrow, punish Staal, Smith, Hayes, Miller, McDonagh, Vesey, Carey, Kampfer guys like that who are either bad hockey players or are really struggling. Only players I'd excuse from the practice are Zuccarello, Kreider, Buchnevich, Grabner and Skjei.

It gives further incentive to play well, it creates division within the side, which is good for a struggling team. We need players to know that they are accountable for their play, and know that there's pressure to perform. It can't be the same shit every game where everyone takes the blame for individual mistakes. And it shows to these players that if they are important players who play well like Zibanejad, they will be valued by the organization. If not, they are treated like the workers who are mandated to practice to get Zibanejad up to fitness.

Players like McDonagh, Miller, Hayes need that wake up call from the team. The lesser players obviously gotta work their way up the pecking order, but the best players can't slack off, and still expect preferential treatment. They need to be publicly embarrassed by the team to have to take part in a practice like this. It gives the players an indication of where the organization feels their game is at. I think it would make a lot of sense to do this.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, if the docs give him the green signal - Zib should be in the lineup fast as possible. DD or Carey on the 4th line as wing - not sure who AV will use. Zib is in a good shape and conditioning, but he just lack match fitness.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If someone from MSG video thinks it’s a good idea to show the replay of the Martinez goal, I hope they get nothing but coal for Christmas and stub their toe really badly.

Reactions: Rangers_23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->