Video Ron Hextall - A History of Violence

LaurentHou*

I wanna see somebody kick ass to this badass

A montreal Canadien player is very cool !

[Mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bri

Jul 13, 2005
The best thing when he scored that first goal (which nearly hit the post instead) was him talking to the press after the game. He comes out and says, "Alright, before you guys say anything, I wantyou to know I was trying to pick that corner."

Reactions: Vanzig

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Such a bad ass. Cool video.

Will there ever be another like him?

I think Emery is the closest we'll get for a long time. If Emery ever did the kinda stuff Hextall did he'd be going to the KHL again soon... well that's what I think.

mm6492

Dec 9, 2007
Such a bad ass. Cool video.

Will there ever be another like him?

No. The NHL would suspend him every other day, and he would eventually not have a team willing to sign him.

But he was so much fun to watch :D

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Yeah its kind of funny that Hextall was allowed to do all of that... I think his only major suspension was the Chelios thing.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
One of the most intense competitors ever. Before his serious groin problems he was the most athletic goalie I've ever seen, and he was over 6' tall. Also the first truly great stick handling goalie. He actually played better when he was mad, totally the opposite of most goalies. Loved to trash talk guys too. Really great guy off the ice, and yes, he still hates chris chelios. The crease belonged to hextall, protected by sherwood, you entered at your own risk. I idolized him growing up, which is why I was always a chippy goalie and fought alot.

Emery is alot more calm this year, guys don't crash the crease like the used to, and basically know they have to answer to pronger if they touch emery. Though I could see emery snap at some point, and he would destroy them, should be fun.

JDM

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
lakingsnews.com
No. The NHL would suspend him every other day, and he would eventually not have a team willing to sign him.

But he was so much fun to watch :D

Yeah, it's kind of a shame really.

This is why I wish that trapezoid only meant "goalie safe" area. If a goalie is more than 4 feet outside the crease or outside the trapezoid behind the goal line, let him be fair game and let the hot headed goalies start throwing some checks like Hexy used to do!

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
In the "modern" NHL he's would be a Neanderthal throwback to another time wouldn't last thru the quartermark.

There's being competitive and then there's being an ass - he was a bit of both I guess.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
My second favorite goalie of all time behind Roy. What a beast.

I just love the bad ass attitude. Dont rely on the damn dmen to protect you. Come up punching if someone pokes you. Gotta love Hextall.

WestLEAFfan

Dec 6, 2007
Canada
Wow, what a fantastic video! Thank-you for posting it. That guy was the epitome of skill and just plain mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad