Ron Hainsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hey can someone let me know if Hainsey is playing in the nhl this season and wht dman will he be. 5th or 6th? and do u think he will produce if he plays.

thanks

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hainsey is still in Montreal's organisation and will try to beat Francis Bouillon and Mark Streit for the team's 3rd pairing. He can't go back to the AHL this year without first clearing waivers. If he doesn't have a good enough camp to be in the team's top-7, he'll more than likely be traded. Unless they decide to keep 8 d-men since Dandenault can play both defense and forward.

If he does have a great camp and makes the team, I think he could get 20 points in his rookie season, maybe more if Souray or Markov go down to injuries.

stmikes76

Nov 25, 2004
I would be very suprised if Hainsey made the NHL next season. His decision making is suspect and he often finds himself pressured into making many costly turn overs in the offensive zone. Such was the case last season as I watched him several times in Hamilton. While he possess a good shot and decent offensive abilities it seems rather unlikey that those attributes will make up for his defensive short comings (worst plus/minus on Hamilton last season). He will need PP time and Souray and Markov should demand that so this renders Haisey's effectiveness even less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad