Ron Hainsey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Yeah, I know he went to court. But what I don't know is whether his agent knew where he was or not. From what I have read in newspaper, he didn't know where Hainsey was or why he didn't report. Same for members of the organization.

It seems a few key people who should have known where this dude was, didn't.

I don't think that's true. Again, it was the Canadiens who dispatched their lawyer to deal with the situation, so you would have to think they would have known.

Is this the article you are referring to?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/article/1,154,1881,092004,804225.shtml

"Son agent, Matt Keator, trouve pourtant l'idée très bonne, mais il doit convaincre son client d'accepter l'offre du Canadien. « De toute évidence, la Ligue américaine constitue la meilleure ligue au monde à l'exception de la Ligue nationale, mais ce sera sa décision. Il m'est difficile pour moi de répondre à sa place en ce moment, je n'ai pas encore eu le temps de m'asseoir avec lui et d'avoir une bonne discussion à ce sujet. Nous serons sans doute fixés la semaine prochaine. »

Doesn't really say that the agent doesn't know where he is. All the agent says is "it is difficult for me to say in his place", not "difficult for me to say where he is..." (do you understand french? not a slight, just a question)

Further in the same article: "Le bras droit de Bob Gainey et directeur général des Bulldogs, André Savard, s'attend à revoir Hainsey avec l'équipe prochainement. « On m'a dit qu'il avait des obligations ce week-end. Logiquement, une entente devrait survenir. »

Bob Gainey's right-hand man, Andre Savard, knew he had "obligations that weekend" and that a signing would come shortly. So Gainey, Savard, and his agent all apparently knew where he was, though they were being rather coy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad