Ron Hainsey...i want to make a fair trade for this talented player

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
i am not a Hainsey basher and i do not think he is a bust, he has been lazy in the past and that happens when you have so much talent and things come easy and you get a million dollar contract before you turn 20 years old.

this guy can skate, has a huge shot and is confident. He is also a defenseman and they typically mature between 25 and 27 and i beleive he will be very good.

i want to move him because he and the habs may not be a good fit and i don't want to bury him in the min ors or keep him in the nhl playing 8 minutes a game.

hainsey is also an american and unlike komisarek( who grew up being a hab fan) i think "Hollywood hainsey" would like to be in the US

i have looked at other teams prospects rated by Hockeys future, i looked at draft position and talent analysis and i took into consideration montreals weakness not necessarily knowing the other clubs needs.

i would like to see a trade involving Hainsey and one of the following players would be fair and anyway, let me know, or blast me or tell me i am being relistic and we have a deal.

1...C...dan fritche ( jackets)
2...W...alex picard (jackets)
3...C..tim Brent (ducks)
4...LW...steve bernier( sharks)
5...F...alex semin( caps)
6..D...steve eminger (Caps)

a long shot but anthony stewart from the panthers, he was really upset when the habs did not take him and maybe their is a fit with the panthers.

please give me some feedback, i want to make a trade

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
He has all the skills to be a great NHL defencman... but has to correct his mental lapses.

As for the trades... one could argue either way that they are fair/unfair trades. Fritche and Picard are over-paying I think... but a trade for Brent/Semin/Eminger is fair.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Mackattack said:
He has all the skills to be a great NHL defencman... but has to correct his mental lapses.

As for the trades... one could argue either way that they are fair/unfair trades. Fritche and Picard are over-paying I think... but a trade for Brent/Semin/Eminger is fair.

Hainsey for Semin would be fair?

Ron Hainsey wouldn't get either of these guys one on one.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
shayne said:
1...C...dan fritche ( jackets)
2...W...alex picard (jackets)
3...C..tim Brent (ducks)
4...LW...steve bernier( sharks)
5...F...alex semin( caps)
6..D...steve eminger (Caps)

a long shot but anthony stewart from the panthers, he was really upset when the habs did not take him and maybe their is a fit with the panthers.

please give me some feedback, i want to make a trade

Outside Brent, those players are much more valuable trade asset than Hainsey.

BeginPower

Jan 28, 2005
Montreal, Qc
I agree with you ... right now, hainsey's value is near to nothing cause he couldn't proove himself at the pro level already.

I would be surprised if Habs could get a 2nd rounder for him

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Ott = Snott said:
Hainsey for Semin would be fair?

Ron Hainsey wouldn't get either of these guys one on one.

Sorry... I mixed up Semin with the Tampa draftee from a couple of years back... the guy that dove all the time... cant remember his name...

I think your not giving Hainsey enough credit here. All this guy has to do is figure out the mental aspect of hockey, and hes set.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Mackattack said:
Sorry... I mixed up Semin with the Tampa draftee from a couple of years back... the guy that dove all the time... cant remember his name...

I think your not giving Hainsey enough credit here. All this guy has to do is figure out the mental aspect of hockey, and hes set.

Polushin?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Mackattack said:

Saying that all someone has to do is "figure out the mental aspect" is a pretty tall order. There have been a TON of players that have the skills, but lacked the head for the game to make it.

Not saying the Hainsey isn't going to make it, but he's a long shot IMO at this point. I'd be shocked if MON could get a legit prospect for him at this point. Most likely return would be a marginal draft pick or another suspect coming back.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Tell you what... give him ice time on the Canadiens, let him successfully 'figure out the mental aspects' of the game with the Canadiens, and then go ahead and deal him for players like this. Until then, there's basically little chance. Right now, he is worth a 3rd rounder. A 2nd rounder would be very solid return for Montreal.

Vic Rattlehead*

Drake1588 said:
Tell you what... give him ice time on the Canadiens, let him successfully 'figure out the mental aspects' of the game with the Canadiens, and then go ahead and deal him for players like this. Until then, there's basically little chance. Right now, he is worth a 3rd rounder. A 2nd rounder would be very solid return for Montreal.

No he isn't. Fourth rounder would be fair value.

Buumbaclat22

Jun 21, 2005
Mackattack said:

From the top of my head... Svitov?? I dont know if he dives like u said, but he was in Tampa a couple years back before going to COlumbus.

And if Semin vs Hainsey ever happened... lol I would go to the bell center and jump on the ice naked.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Buumbaclat22 said:
From the top of my head... Svitov?? I dont know if he dives like u said, but he was in Tampa a couple years back before going to COlumbus.

And if Semin vs Hainsey ever happened... lol I would go to the bell center and jump on the ice naked.

Svitov! Thats it! I don't think hes even under contract w/ an NHL team anymore.

Yeah lol ... from Semin's numbers, he looks like hes gonna be a good player.

I also agree with the guy that said figuring out the mental aspects of the game isn't easy. I just think Hainsey needs a chance in the NHL... maybe a change of scenery would do him some good...

Vic Rattlehead*

Mackattack said:
Svitov! Thats it! I don't think hes even under contract w/ an NHL team anymore.

Yeah lol ... from Semin's numbers, he looks like hes gonna be a good player.

I also agree with the guy that said figuring out the mental aspects of the game isn't easy. I just think Hainsey needs a chance in the NHL... maybe a change of scenery would do him some good...

Svitov is in Columbus.

turnbuckle*

and the sky is blue....sorry; right now it's turning black.

Anyway...who's to say for sure what Hainsey would fetch...like most young prospects he still holds more value than a player that has played in the league but not impressed; there is still that "unkown factor".

What if he just needs a change of scenery...blah. blah blah. 24-year-old defencemen are normally just learning the nuances of the pro game.

McCarthy (drafted a year earlier than Hainsey and 9 spots later in the first round) fetched a third rounder; I'd expect that Hainsey could do the same.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Drake1588 said:

I agree.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
To the original poster who is desperately trying to make an official trade involving Hainsey:

You are not an NHL GM.

That is all.

CHareth

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
Drake1588 said:
No way he is even worth a 3rd rounder. Lydman fetched a 3rd rounder for Calgary, and Hainsey is nowhere near as good and probably never will be. Hainsey has not been able to earn a spot on a rather unspectacular defense in Montreal even when Souray went down with an injury, nor has he even been close to being the best defenseman in Hamilton. Montreal would be very, very lucky indeed to get a 3rd rounder for him.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Blue Jacket fan here and I would give you that

4th rounder for Hainsey, He would have a shot in our system. Now if you want to shop Mike K - then we will talk Picard or Fritsche or whatever it might take.. Hainsey is a risk and for that I will give you only the 4th.

I don't think it would be a hard sell for either mgmt group.. you get a high 4th round pick.

DanKramerHabs

HFBoards Partner
Blew Smoke said:
4th rounder for Hainsey, He would have a shot in our system. Now if you want to shop Mike K - then we will talk Picard or Fritsche or whatever it might take.. Hainsey is a risk and for that I will give you only the 4th.

I don't think it would be a hard sell for either mgmt group.. you get a high 4th round pick.

We CAN'T trade Hainsey to Columbus!

Beauchemin... Flood... Hainsey... If we do that, we'll never be able to beat Columbus again! Ever! :sarcasm:

CHareth

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
Blew Smoke said:

Hainsey for a 4th - I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Munchausen

anon said:
Hainsey for a 4th - I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I too think Hainsey's value is close to nothing, but for that reason, I'd rather see him battle it out in training camp with Streit and Bouillon for the 7th spot. If he can't win it, he's gone for whatever we can get. But Hainsey's problem is maturity and maturity comes with age. Well it's been 2 years that he played an NHL game. I'm curious to see him there one last time before giving up on him. Not much to lose, either way the return for him will be marginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad