Romy Elayboui

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
His stock has dropped considerably since he was touted as a top 5 for the 2005 draft 2 years ago. This could have been expected since he was so young at the time of the expectations. I never see anyone post him in their first round for the 2005 draft anymore. Although he has only played one game thus far and has a goal and an assist in that game, does anyone think that he could turn it around and still be a first rounder? Is his first game a sign of what is to come from him this season? What went wrong for him last year? Has anyone seen him play, and can they please tell me what defisioncies are keeping him from being a projected first rounder?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
BIGROCKET said:
His stock has dropped considerably since he was touted as a top 5 for the 2005 draft 2 years ago. This could have been expected since he was so young at the time of the expectations. I never see anyone post him in their first round for the 2005 draft anymore. Although he has only played one game thus far and has a goal and an assist in that game, does anyone think that he could turn it around and still be a first rounder? Is his first game a sign of what is to come from him this season? What went wrong for him last year? Has anyone seen him play, and can they please tell me what defisioncies are keeping him from being a projected first rounder?

I'd say that he has two big problems : He is extremely soft and he has a bad attitude. He was always the best player in every league he played until in Midget AAA, so he was never hitted and he was able to do everything he wanted, the coach never developped his defensive and physical games. He also has a bad attitude and a big ego.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Well, Elayoubi's game has always been finesse and he never had to care about the defensive side of the game before last year. He admitted himself that he didn't have any work ethic before, and started working out "seriously" for the first time this summer. (He gained 6 lbs working out seriously according to an interview he gave.. am I the only one thinking it's not much?)

In his first game last year he had two goals, and then he didn't have any for months. I don't know what to think about those points he got friday. I think he turned his game around, or I hope, because the Sags coach (Martel), when Elayoubi wasn't injured, benched him last season because he was such a liability. Now if he has seen improvement in the defensive part, and seen that he can help this team offensively by using his teammates and not only finesse.. He might use him more, thus Elayoubi having better stats this year.

I'll be going to a lot of the Sags' home games this year, so I'll talk about Zagrapan and Elayoubi more in the months to come. And I'm sure Duff88 will do just the same :)

Duff88

May 7, 2002
rahan said:
Haha, I knew you'd be writing in this thread too Duff ;)

:D

I'd like to add a point to my post. I said that he had a really bad attitude and ego, but I also heard that he is "trying" to change it, become a team player with good work ethics, just not think about Romy Elayoubi. We'll have to see what he does this year to know if he really wants to work for his team, and not only think about his stats.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
rahan said:
Well, Elayoubi's game has always been finesse and he never had to care about the defensive side of the game before last year. He admitted himself that he didn't have any work ethic before, and started working out "seriously" for the first time this summer. (He gained 6 lbs working out seriously according to an interview he gave.. am I the only one thinking it's not much?)

Depends. If he dropped 6 lbs of fat through hard work, that thats is actually 12lb of muscle. Hard to know exactly without looking at the kids physical measurements before and after.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rahan said:
(He gained 6 lbs working out seriously according to an interview he gave.. am I the only one thinking it's not much?)

6 pounds of muscel is pretty good. There is nothing wrong with putting on 6 pounds of muscel in the off season that is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad