Roman Voloshenko vs. Benoit Pouliot

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont like voloshenko to much, i dont think he will ever make it.

pouliot is pretty good. should make it sooner or later.

if i were the gm of the wild i would give up any of them for the 8th overall pick in the 07 draft.

HoustonHockeyNut

Jun 15, 2006
Houston, TX
Depends though. They have more development then both and it is a make or break year for both.

Agreed. Houston's last coach's strength was not in player development, so I think a lot of the Wild's prospects took a bit of a hit developmentally last year. Both Pouliot and Volo need to show some marked improvement from last season.

VLoo

May 11, 2007
Toronto
I'm not very familiar with Voloshenko, so I won't comment on him. I remember watching Pouliot play in the OHL, and he had to be one of the most frustrating players to watch. You could see him on some shifts actually completely dominate dictate play. The next shift he would come out, glide around a bit, be disinterested skate off. Next shift, get a dumb penalty. Come out of the box, be pissed off and either take another dumb penalty or dominate the shift....basic trend of Benoit Pouliot.

Brownie

Aug 16, 2006
Richmond
I've only seen Pouliot during the 05/06 WJC. From what I saw, he constantly took stupid penalties at the worst times. He wasn't anything special offensively as well.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I think Volo is about done as a big NHL prospect. This is his last good year to prove himself. Pouliot on the other hand needs a better situation in Houston to show what he has. This is a big year for him, but this isn't do or die as much as Voloshenko. I'd say Pouliot has about as much or more value as the 8th overall in '07.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad