Confirmed with Link: Roman Polak signed to a PTO

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
interesting. that means he's on the team if healthy.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Seemed obvious. Given the managements record, it was obvious they would allow him to practice with the team and such. He might not get a deal, but he's a good vet and it helps him out.

They did the same last year with that goalie.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
oh man I hope he can still skate and this isn't Babcock wanting a player because of previous play. (if they sign him of course)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Unless he hasn't recovered at all or he plays like garbage I see him catching on with the team.

Everything in my head is screaming a trade has to be coming, even if they are of the smaller variety. Depth is good but we're overflowing in depth at this point.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Unless he hasn't recovered at all or he plays like garbage I see him catching on with the team.

Everything in my head is screaming a trade has to be coming, even if they are of the smaller variety. Depth is good but we're overflowing in depth at this point.

My thoughts, exactly... Package deal, I think..

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My thoughts, exactly... Package deal, I think..

2 or 3 for 1. Even if it's not significant but just too many bodies.

Leivo, Lupul, Soshnikov, Marincin for Demers? :P

Rielly-Demers
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey
Ext: Carrick and Polak

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No surprise, guys a warrior that I'm sure they are very happy to have back.
You can all but guarantee he makes the roster if he's fully recovered.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No surprise here as it was expected.

Leafs lack of physicality the main reason they feel a need and desire to keep bringing him back.

Leafs need some players with push back.

member 262271

Where is Senor Martinez when you need him? Honestly though, not unexpected at all - I'm not sure he'll stick but if he's healthy and hasn't lost another step then Babs will push for his return I'm thinking.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Keep in mind that the Leafs are responsible for his rehabilitation, and he was working with staff as little as two weeks ago that we know of, so it makes sense to have him in camp. Help meet veteran requirements with something like 8 games in 13 days I believe?

Lamoriello said a couple days ago that they see Rosen/Dermott/Borgman/Nielsen all pushing for spots this year. Considering there may only be 1 spot available, doesn't make sense to push them all down for Polak.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
For discussion purposes:

To not bore you with every single word of the NHL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, or even the nuances of specific sections, Article 34.6 outlines that teams are to see through the injury recoveries of their players, and that it’s up to both sides to decide whether the team will rehab the player or whether they can go to an equivalent place in another spot with the team paying the expenses. As well, Exhibit 1, which is the template of a Standard Player’s Contract, goes into heavy detail in point 5 about the team’s responsibilities to oversee the recovery of a player injured while under contract.

With that in mind, it goes without saying that Polak was injured while under contract with the Maple Leafs, and as such, it’s up to them to either oversee his recovery or at least fund and approve of it. As such, it’s not very shocking that Polak’s rehabbing in Leafs gear (not to mention, it’s probably the only gear he owns a significant supply of after playing a good 70% of his hockey here over the past three years).

Source: http://faceoffcircle.ca/2017/08/22/relax-leafs-probably-arent-bringing-back-roman-polak/

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
This is absolutely trump huge for our organization as Roman Polak makes our rear ends better, PK better like last year, hitting department better and pushing game back better. Also he blocks that thang like a real mother. The most hits in the whole league out of d-men after Borowiechki during these 3 whole years. This is real hard for all of us now man. Getting him back was key, because we lack like eddie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad