Roller Hockey sticks

JR#9*

I am looking to buy a new roller hockey stick to play outside in my driveway and at a rink where me and my friends go. Is there any stick you would suggest.Thanks for the help

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Most of the standard roller (or street) hockey sticks are pretty busch.

you're best bet is to get a shaft (or if you have one great)

that way you can just get a fiberglass blade (Bauer has some good ones as does Jofa) and in the winter, you can switch back to classic wood for ice.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Most of the standard roller (or street) hockey sticks are pretty busch.

you're best bet is to get a shaft (or if you have one great)

that way you can just get a fiberglass blade (Bauer has some good ones as does Jofa) and in the winter, you can switch back to classic wood for ice.
I never had the best luck with fiberglass blades outdoors.

My blade of choice for roller is an Easton XABS blade. They are hard to find these days but they last forever and stand up well to the weight of a roller puck. I wouldn't go near ice with it though, the weight difference between a plastic puck and a rubber puck is too much.

Pretty much any blade that is made of ABS plastic will suit you well. They're cheap and I know Easton and Koho make them with wooden shafts so you don't need to get a composite shaft and blade combo. The blades run about 15 bucks and the sticks 15-20.

trueblueinboston

Mar 19, 2006
Boston
I never had the best luck with fiberglass blades outdoors.

My blade of choice for roller is an Easton XABS blade. They are hard to find these days but they last forever and stand up well to the weight of a roller puck. I wouldn't go near ice with it though, the weight difference between a plastic puck and a rubber puck is too much.

Pretty much any blade that is made of ABS plastic will suit you well. They're cheap and I know Easton and Koho make them with wooden shafts so you don't need to get a composite shaft and blade combo. The blades run about 15 bucks and the sticks 15-20.

It also depends on the surface you're playing on indoors. Lots of rinks these days use the sport court thing, which won't really wear down a wood stick...but beware of driveways and asphalt on those things, your blade will look like a banana very shorty.

redwingsdude

Aug 2, 2005
Grand Rapids
I'm with crashlanding on this one.

I never found a fiberglass that I liked, even though a lot of my friends had them when we played street hockey. Extreme ABS with the Shanahan blade was what I used for years, and occasionaly the Yzerman blade. Sure these blades with be worn down fairly quickly, but they are less than $20, and had the more natural feel of an ice hockey stick. I used to play with those until there was less than an inch of blade left and the blade could go under the ball without moving it.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->