Roller Hockey Girdles

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
I'm looking to get a new roller hockey girdle in the next few months and wanted to try and get some peoples opinions on the models I am looking at. There aren't any decent shops nearby that I can go to and see for myself and the better shops I know of over here don't have the models I'm interested in.

The model I'm using at the moment is the Mission D1 (2004 model I think, maybe 2003) and while the fit and flexibility of it is great, I'd ideally like something with better padding, particularly on the top of the thighs and on the hips. I've tried Ice shorts in the past and the ones I had were a bit too bulky. At the moment, I am looking at the Mission Helium 10000 and the CCM 2006 Model Pro. Does anyone have any experience using either of these? If so, how good is the protection? (if anyone is able to compare them to the model I currently have, that would be fantastic) and how well have they lasted?

Also, if anyone knows of a model being released soon or if there is some sort of light weight ice hockey short with good padding that might be of interest, please let me know.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me any info on these

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I really didn't think one could be so particular about girdles...

I don't know what kind I have... Got it off GreatSkate Hockey Supply company like 8 years ago... My inline equipment is becomming vintage... But it's durable and has held up over the years.....

11 year old Easton GX4000 leather gloves
8 year old CCM452 Tacks...
8 year old Built-Rite pants

How often do you fall that you are worried so much about your girdle? I mean as long as it's comfortable, it should do an ample job protecting you....

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
I really didn't think one could be so particular about girdles...
How often do you fall that you are worried so much about your girdle? I mean as long as it's comfortable, it should do an ample job protecting you....

Most of the time its okay and I have no issues with it. Its only rarely when I fall that I particularly feel it. The main problem comes from blocking shots. I've noticed in the past if I slide into the path of a shot, the pads don't always do a great job of protecting my hips. And as for the actual impact of the shot, there are a couple of places that it's not much of a problem, but on the inside of the thigh and particularly the top of the thigh, its not particularly good. Obviously with a big shot its going to leave a mark, but even weak wrist shots, knuckling pucks and errant passes can leave fairly hefty bruises. Thats why I was wondering if there is anything on the market with better hip and thigh protection without resorting to ice shorts.

2x4*

I dont like wearing them. Why wear something that will only make me hotter and less mobile.

raskolnikov

Sep 13, 2005
LI
I use the nike quest guirdle that was released a few years ago. It has independent hip pads (they look sort of like wings) which allow for easier movement. I had tried one of the mission guirdles and in comparing the two, the nike wins by far.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I dont like wearing them. Why wear something that will only make me hotter and less mobile.

Girdles are pretty light and thin (at least mine are)... Mine are real thin and are basically shorts with some padding.... Doesn't really affect me skating out there....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->