Rogers Place... The Worst Public Address Announcer In The League?

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
How did we go from the best public address announcer in the league (Mark Lewis) at Rexall, to the worst?

This new guys at Rogers is the most tacky public address announcer I have ever heard.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How did we go from the best public address announcer in the league (Mark Lewis) at Rexall, to the worst?

This new guys at Rogers is the most tacky public address announcer I have ever heard.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

I was at 9 other rinks this year to watch the Oilers and he isn't the worst trust me.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
I was at 9 other rinks this year to watch the Oilers and he isn't the worst trust me.

Out of curiosity what rink would you say had the worst?

I really can't stand this guy at Rogers, but maybe thats just because we were spoiled with Mark Lewis for so long.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Forget the PA announcer. Rogers Place is a library in the regular season. Team must feel so energetic when stepping out to play. I decided to take a trip to Rogers place from Vancouver to catch a game. The 12000 or so fans packing Rogers Arena in Vancouver was about 2wice as energetic as the 18000 that pack Rogers place. Embarrassing. The acoustics in the building are trash, and we have Connor McDavid.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
The entire in game experience at Rogers is bush league. It is "slightly" better than Rexall but the 500000sqft screen is responsible for that. At least Rexall had Mark Lewis.

At the next Red Wine Summit this should be discussed, because they obviously aren't discussing how to improve the hockey team

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Uh.... the awfulness of our anthem singer dwarfs any other arena issue, save possibly for the ridiculous goal song that you can't even sing along to. Announcer is the last of our arena concerns. I honestly think that a full reset next year means new singer and goal song.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Uh.... the awfulness of our anthem singer dwarfs any other arena issue, save possibly for the ridiculous goal song that you can't even sing along to. Announcer is the last of our arena concerns. I honestly think that a full reset next year means new singer and goal song.

Really? I actually quite like Robert Clark. He doesn't try to do too much. Comes out, sings the anthem well. Leaves. I don't there's an anthem singer I dislike more than that Canyon guy in Calgary.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

He truly is a terrible anthem singer. Glad someone else noticed.

We need Renny!
rene-rancourt-bruins-national-anthem-singer-retire.jpg

2XvnAX

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Forget the PA announcer. Rogers Place is a library in the regular season. Team must feel so energetic when stepping out to play. I decided to take a trip to Rogers place from Vancouver to catch a game. The 12000 or so fans packing Rogers Arena in Vancouver was about 2wice as energetic as the 18000 that pack Rogers place. Embarrassing. The acoustics in the building are trash, and we have Connor McDavid.

I don’t know what building you are referring to but Rogers Place has amazing acoustics.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
That's the fans, not the acoustics.
a·cous·tic
əˈko͞ostik/
noun
plural noun: acoustics
  1. 1.
    the properties or qualities of a room or building that determine how sound is transmitted in it.
    "Symphony Hall has perfect acoustics"
I guess crowd noise somehow is not included .....
Crowd noise is def s part of the acoustics. Speakers are great crowd noise and the way sound travels in the arena is crap.

Last edited:

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
It's truly unfortunate the things lost from Rexall to Rogers, from the P.A. all the way down to crowd excitement.

Going to a game at Rexall you knew you were at a hockey game watching the best players in the world. There was that buzz in the air of a true hockey city.

Going to a game at Rogers now feels like a show on ice in some non hockey market, not that buzz the city should be recognized for.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
a·cous·tic
əˈko͞ostik/
noun
plural noun: acoustics
  1. 1.
    the properties or qualities of a room or building that determine how sound is transmitted in it.
    "Symphony Hall has perfect acoustics"
I guess crowd noise somehow is not included .....
Crowd noise is def s part of the acoustics. Speakers are great crowd noise and the way sound travels in the arena is crap.

You're missing it, acoustics refer to how the building affects the sound not the sound itself

Reactions: McNuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->