September 29 - Dixie Chicks
October 15 - Kayne West
October 22 - John Fogerty
November 5 - Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire
November 8 - 2016 CHL Canada Russia Series
November 19 - Florida Georgia Line
November 30 - Amy Schumer

Added

I'll be checking that one out sure. Some of the oldtimers may be getting up there, but they can still deliver and produce a better show than some of the young bucks.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'll be checking that one out sure. Some of the oldtimers may be getting up there, but they can still deliver and produce a better show than some of the young bucks.

I saw him play at The Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas about 8 years ago. Yeah he can still play.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
The lineup for recall is brutal for rock right now, you'd think the arena would open with Edmontons most popular genre... Definitely dissapointment so far with those lineups.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
maybe its because that isnt true?

if not the biggest, close to it. This town is very popular for hard rock, one of the better locales for ticket and merch sales.
it does seem odd to me that we haven't seen any big rock acts named yet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
if not the biggest, close to it. This town is very popular for hard rock, one of the better locales for ticket and merch sales.

I would suspect that is because nothing has lined up for any of their tours yet. Still very early in the game.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
am i the only one who feels that the "observable progress" has slowed down a lot in the past month or so? i'm assuming this means they are doing stuff that isn't captured on the cameras (locker room finishing, suites finishing, electrical work, systems testing, etc)... i just find it odd that the outside still looks SO unfinished, and they are less than 2 months away from the first show

anybody working on the project (i know a few who post on here) care to shed some light on that?

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

What big rock acts are out there that can fill hockey stadiums?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

If you watch the Ice level feature about concert planning on the Roger's place website they mention there are a lot of unannounced, but lined up acts, including rock. They have to announce when the performer wishes. 3:52 in the video

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
am i the only one who feels that the "observable progress" has slowed down a lot in the past month or so? i'm assuming this means they are doing stuff that isn't captured on the cameras (locker room finishing, suites finishing, electrical work, systems testing, etc)... i just find it odd that the outside still looks SO unfinished, and they are less than 2 months away from the first show

anybody working on the project (i know a few who post on here) care to shed some light on that?

What they forgot to tell us is that Rogers Place will be the first professional partial open-air hockey rink in Canada.:sarcasm:

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton

The east side has progressed over the last month, the west and north sides are pretty complete.

JW Marriott/The Legends by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

Rogers Place by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

Rogers Place by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

From Daveography http://skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/edmonton-rogers-place-m-s-katz-group-hok.23802/page-15

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006

On time on budget...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Hard to book acts that aren't touring in the area in September and October. Do you actually think somebody is just picking a certain genre and saying screw everything else? Whoever is touring through Western Canada, big enough to play in the arena, will be booked here, regardless of what they play.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

The exterior seems to be taking forever to finish on the east side and the winter garden area.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

from what understsnd much of the inside is near completion, but the outside, geez, they are sure taking their sweet time :laugh:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
from what understsnd much of the inside is near completion, but the outside, geez, they are sure taking their sweet time :laugh:
They're removing all the seat covers in the arena so all the drywall sanding and painting is done inside. The exterior will be finished in mid September.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
What other arenas have jet black seats? It looks strikingly different for some reason but I can't imagine that its unique. There are a lot of colored seats in the NHL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->