Music: Roger Waters has secretly re-recorded Dark Side of the Moon

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Waters is a douche and makes most ego driving musicians look like amateurs. But as others have said they are best as a group and neither is as good without the others IMO.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
This would suggest that Waters’ solo work should well above. Subjective, but I don’t think it is.

Floyd’s best material in the 70s would definitely suffer without Rogers’s genius, but that’s where he shot his load. The peak had been reached.
Yeah, I guess you could say that 'he shot his load' over that decade. That's one helluva load, tho. It's hard to keep up that kind of a pace ...pretty much perfection.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
So today I discovered that Polly Samson is David Gilmour's wife.

Not too surprising that she would trash Waters, given the chance, and her husband then back her up.

They've hated each other for decades now.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Pink Floyd was, by far, at their best with Roger Waters at the helm. It's not close at all. I love Gilmour's guitar work, but the songwriting was tons better with Roger. There was a big difference in the quality after he left the band.
Maybe you should look at the songwriting credits on those old records a little more closely; you make it sound like it was all Roger Waters. But while in terms of lyrics it was pretty much so, Gilmour/Wright came up with a lot of the music, and certainly deserve some credit for Pink Floyd's 'genius' too.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So today I discovered that Polly Samson is David Gilmour's wife.

Not too surprising that she would trash Waters, given the chance, and her husband then back her up.

They've hated each other for decades now.
Is anything she said not true though?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Do you know for a fact that everything she accuses him of is true? I'd like to see some proof before I render a verdict.
I have no idea, that's why I asked. I've always heard Waters is an a**hole but I don't know much about the situation. Pretty serious accusations to make if they're not true.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
I have no idea, that's why I asked. I've always heard Waters is an a**hole but I don't know much about the situation. Pretty serious accusations to make if they're not true.
Yeah, they are some pretty serious accusations to make. I don't really know much either, so some proof to back up her claims would be nice.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yeah, they are some pretty serious accusations to make. I don't really know much either, so some proof to back up her claims would be nice.
I say this as more of a David Gilmour fan musically and as someone who loathes Waters as a person but a lot of the stuff Polly accused him of are huge exaggerations. Waters is solidly on the left but doesn't follow the neoliberal establishment party lines, therefore gets accused of being all those awful things. If someone voted for Bernie Sanders and was critical of Biden, they'd often get called a lot of those same things by other so called "leftists". It's a joke.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Roger Waters is an insufferable :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
It pains me that I paid money to see him live multiple times.

Sometimes i wounder how Pink Floyd would have looked if Syd didn't go bonkers from all the acid he took. Darkside of the Moon is like night and day compared to the early stuff like The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (I know some people that claim it's their best album). The hippie-ish sound isn't bad but other bands did it much better.

On a personal note i still have a seething hatred for the song "bike".
TBH my favorite Pink Floyd album is The Divison Bell. Gilmour wrote it and it's really great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad