Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Custom goal explosions and trails looks awesome. Hope they can do something about how laggy it can be to load up all that custom stuff (garage). I also wish there was a way I could just delete crates. They are clogging up my garage and I wont spend any more $ on keys. I think I am going to go trade in everything in my garage that I am able to that I know I will never use. I tried collecting one of everything and as soon as I would get to that point I could enjoy it for a week or so before a new crate came out with more crap. Now that I refuse to buy more keys to open crates its pointless to try and collect everything.

That said, I hate that the new cars are coming in crates. I would much rather pay the $2 each for them. Or heck, I would probably even pay $5 per. It's better than spending $10 on keys and not getting either car.

P.S. SO excited to have it come to Switch!!!
Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Also, what's everyone's rank and stats?

Me:
Level 69 - Legend (Will be Rocketeer soon enough!)
Win ratio: 69.4%
Goals per game: 1.8
Saves per game: .6
Assists per game: 1.2

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Level 31
Win ratio 59.6 (with how many idiots I play with I'm amazed it's that high)

Goals per game 1.6

Saves per game 0.4

Assists per game 0.6

I've only recently gotten used to playing with ball cam on and only recently realized I can flip forward after an aerial to hit the ball harder in the air. It turned my game around real fast.

I'm still learning how to hit balls in the air more consistently, especially in defense. But I do it way more often now in general and it's made me a lot more effective.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Level 31
Win ratio 59.6 (with how many idiots I play with I'm amazed it's that high)

Goals per game 1.6

Saves per game 0.4

Assists per game 0.6

I've only recently gotten used to playing with ball cam on and only recently realized I can flip forward after an aerial to hit the ball harder in the air. It turned my game around real fast.

I'm still learning how to hit balls in the air more consistently, especially in defense. But I do it way more often now in general and it's made me a lot more effective.
Definitely! I would say it was around 30 when I realized such things or at least started using them myself too. I am a "switcher" though when it comes to the ball-cam.

I flip it on and off as I play. When I am lining up shots or running to grab a boost I usually turn it off but when setting up defensively I flip it on to see where the ball is going and who's around it.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
After a year and a half of playing, I FINALLY hit platinum in standard.

Feels good man :)

RL coming to the Switch is awesome...I wonder how it will play. makes me think about getting one

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wish clearing the ball counted as saves because a lot of them would actually go in but theyre not close enough to the goal I guess

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Level 62, 1.2 G/G, 0.5 A/G, 0.75 S/G, 52.7% Win, 21% MVP

I noticed my stats are lower since I play the team types more, 1:1 games stats go through the roof.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
No...? Kind of strange you would just assume something I didn't say. Team games I just score less in.

I was kidding around. Hence the -----> :laugh:

In my defense though, you did say "stats" and not just goals. Meaning your win% and such things are worse when you are on a team implying you don't play as good on a team.

Anyways, I meant no harm.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
New update is good. Game seems to run smoother to me for some reason. Probably just all in my head.

Thought for sure adding custom tails and goal explosions would bog it down but I even think the garage runs better than before.

Anyways, new music is a nice change too. Another great free update for RL. Good job.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Finished one rank below superchampion season 3. Didn't play as much season 4 and finished diamond 3.

Trying to get back into Champion level this season again but it's crazy hard when you're trying to carry your real life friends that only play casually.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Sounds like they're working on fixing the constant casual cancelling. What a terrible "feature" they introduced, at least the AI let a game start. Even if they were awful.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just got this game with Live.

**** its addictive.

Im shrugging off 10 0 beatdowns with a smile. Its so fun even when losing.

I remember those days. It stays addictive too. I don't really get upset about losing big games still but sometimes bad teammates or mouthy people can be annoying. I don't mind "bad" teammates as long as it looks like they are trying to win and not just sitting in the net trying to be a goalie or constantly flying through the air trying to do arials at times where it doesn't make sense.

There's practice mode for all that.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lost a 2v2 game yesterday 6-5, I scored 5 of our goals and had 3 saves, teammate informed me I suck and should quit playing .....:D

lol I was playing comp and some dude said "your a pro why do you even game?" Even though I was middle of the pack during that game having bad ping cause wifi :laugh:

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I need to buy a lottery ticket. Opened 3 Overdrive crates. Got a painted Centio V17 and Hellfire goal explosion. Feels good man.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lost a 2v2 game yesterday 6-5, I scored 5 of our goals and had 3 saves, teammate informed me I suck and should quit playing .....:D

I was in a Doubles match and lost 6-5 also. I didn't score any of our goals but this guy I was playing with totally sucked! :laugh: JK

I was in a game a few days ago 2v2 where we lost 6-5. We were losing 6-0 with about 1.5 mins left. Had this great comeback and had the ball going in the net when time ran out. Would have been the first time I have come back from down 6-0 in Soccar. Ive done it a few times in Snow Day. Biggest deficit I came back from in Snow day was we were down by 8 (9-1).

In Soccar the biggest I have come back from and won is being down 5.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mad props to whoever actually put time into this to get good at it.

I have like, 250 hours and i'm still trash. Brain goes to mush the moment i have to compensate for directional changes when the camera view changes. So like, when i'm on the walls or in the air.

Games used to give me trouble when they use to flip/reverse controls on me so i don't think it's in the cards for me to master this :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad