Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Roster possibilities at this moment, without knowing if the RFA's are all qualified (indicated with an asterisk *) and who makes it out of camp. I also have these more by roster depth than Sabres recall depth.

Left WingCenter Right Wing
CJ Smith * Dan O'Regan (LW/RW)
Victor Olofsson Kyle CriscuoloJustin Bailey (LW)*
Kevin Porter (C)Sean MaloneNic Baptiste*
Alex Nylander (RW)Rasmus Asplund (LW)Eric Cornel (C)
Victor KarabacekCliff Pu (RW)Hudson Fasching*
Pascal Aquin Andrew Oglevie (RW)
(Matt Moulson)
[TBODY]
Seth Griffith* [/TBODY]

LDRD
Brendan GuhleMatt Tennyson
Lawrence PilutTyler Fedun
Brycen MartinWill Borgen
Devante Stephens
Tobie Paquette-Bisson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalie
Jonas Johansson
Jason Kasdorf*
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I don't think Moulson will be anywhere near the Amerks but I put him momentarily in the list.

Clearly they need a goalie who can handle starter duties. And they need someone in net in Cincy who they can call up when the inevitable happens and the Amerk starter is off to be the backup/temp starter in Buffalo.

Defense isn't very good since there seems like a fair chance that Guhle and Pilut won't be around very long if at all. Martin and Stephens were ECHL fodder, so getting Redmond back and another LHD or three would be useful. Same thing for another RHD or two. I don't know if they bring Paetsch back given how often he was hurt and how little he played. Same for Goers.

Center...

I put O'Regan in the middle for now, but it wouldn't surprise if he's a late cut from camp or early recall who fills like Rodrigues did in his second season. The missing of course is Blackwell, who I still think needs an NHL deal yesterday. Criscuolo was a nice find, would like to see him keying an offensive line for them again. Malone grew, Asplund is arriving with a lot of speed. Pu can play in the middle, also a lot of speed with the option for RW. Oglevie can play in the middle or on the wing, also good speed and finish at ND. With the versatility, including someone like Cornel who can also play in the middle, I don't know if they focus on finding a pivot. A depth guy for Cincy would be nice with Danforth leaving.

Right wing features the usual cast of suspects: Bailey, Baptiste, Griffith, and Fasching as well as Cornel. I have no idea if they QO all of them and who from that group makes the team (if anyone) so it would seem like a good spot to sign an AHL scorer and some beef that can push back in a fast, physical game.

Left wing on the big club is a wide open affair, so it's possible Smith or Olofsson or Nyla... I can't. :laugh: If Nylander makes the Sabres out of camp, I'd be amazed. Anyway, lots of possible competition as well as old standby Kevin Porter. Definitely could use someone to anchor a scoring line with AHL pedigree.

Not much size that is applied, could always use more sand, and the defense is going to need work before the opening of camp.

I'm bored and avoiding doing what I'm supposed to. :biglaugh:

Reactions: LaxSabre

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I hope they target Darren Archibald. They really could use a power forward like that. Key is the non vet signings, which is why I really like Lorito and Peca.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I hope they target Darren Archibald. They really could use a power forward like that. Key is the non vet signings, which is why I really like Lorito and Peca.

Heck, with the way he played in Vancouver, he's probably better than most of the guys the Sabres iced on their 4th line last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if someone like Ben Scrivens who is not getting renewed by Salavat but has NHL experience and some quality AHL numbers (albeit behind a quality AHL roster) could be on their radar? Thinking about #3's who can come up when they need an injury replacement who have experience and might be looking for a chance. And if he's amazing in camp... well... so be it.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Happy Birthday to the "Voice of the Amerks".
DeICTa3X4AA8tWH.jpg:small

Reactions: Jamie Walker

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Johnsson is clearly done with the AHL. That team is completely and totally stacked. Hell, they could probably give the Sabres a hard game if it's one of the nights when everyone is mailing it in.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What happened to Gotlov? Is he still in the farm?

He signed a tryout with the Cyclones and then had a visa issue. Once he ironed that out, he signed a tryout with the Amerks.

There is at least mild expectation that he'll be at Dev Camp and be hunting for a minor league deal with the Amerks/Cyclones this summer.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Getting a little concerned about Blackwell, but they have a few weeks left to get something done. Really hope he gets re-signed. He deserves a 2 way deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I hope that works out. That kid is a favorite of mine.

Same. It would be great to have a player from Russia who not only works out but also actually speaks well of the Sabres. It seems like there is an entire player supply that is denied the team because of douche-hammers like Kozlov.

Reactions: joshjull

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into Sabres players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Adam Wilcox
Victor Antipin
Kyle Criscuolo

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
For those interested, if we sign Sislo, that guarantees Griffith won't be back. Porter (672), Sislo (486), Tennyson (348), Fedun (383), and Redmond (389) are the 5 veteran slots, and MacWilliam (318) is the 6th slot for a player with 260-320 pro games.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
For those interested, if we sign Sislo, that guarantees Griffith won't be back. Porter (672), Sislo (486), Tennyson (348), Fedun (383), and Redmond (389) are the 5 veteran slots, and MacWilliam (318) is the 6th slot for a player with 260-320 pro games.
Yes they’ll be at the veteran limit. Still shouldn’t stop them from bringing in another vet forward or two on 7/1. More importantly, they need to target the non veteran free agents, like Criscuolo last season. Three that I have my eye on are Matthew Peca, Matt Lorito and Austin Czarnik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad