Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game 4 - 7:00 pm EDT, May 4th

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Credit to Cleveland for three road wins this weekend.
Credit to Utica for fighting so hard after being eliminated Friday night.
Credit to Belleville for winning its final three and getting into fourth place.
And credit to the Amerks for playing so well over the final 15-20 games after quite a long stretch of poor-quality hockey.
And to Toronto ... you s*ck. Just like your parent club.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm impressed that 43 players played for them this year (46 if you include the 3 backup goalies who didn't play) and of those 43, only ONE GUY (Grant Gabriele) was a PTO type. Seems like they may have learned a lesson.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm impressed that 43 players played for them this year (46 if you include the 3 backup goalies who didn't play) and of those 43, only ONE GUY (Grant Gabriele) was a PTO type. Seems like they may have learned a lesson.
That is impressive. Remember the Tim Murray years?

I've considered Karmanos as above average in providing player depth during his entire tenure here. It was just never enough (until this year).

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That is impressive. Remember the Tim Murray years?

I've considered Karmanos as above average in providing player depth during his entire tenure here. It was just never enough (until this year).

This is certainly the most stocked they've had at the ECHL level which may be due to the distance to recall someone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Kozak with full practice today, easing him in so probably not going into the lineup this weekend.
Murray not going to be ready for this weekend.
Slaggert getting some love from Adams.
Rosen back in practice, was out due to "bumps and bruises" (the blocked shot certainly).
Per their tracking, lead the league in 5-on-5 offense the last 10 games which seems to check out with what I've watched.
Ostlund is "drinking from a firehose" regarding info. Said he improved each period. Ostlund's takeaways were interesting but expected - lack of time and space, quickness of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Love how his comfort level with these press huddles has increased. The Appert one above mentions how much the Czech hockey federation praised Jiri's leadership to get them to another U20 medal.

Also, "it's pretty my style" when talking about being in a physical game.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad