Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The reality is this team isn't that great at hockey. Their standings were inflated by the ridiculous standings system the AHL/NHL use - with a balanced scoring system they're closer to missing the playoffs than winning the division this year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'll be blunt. Disappointing playoffs.

Levi played well in game 3. The young forwards had a good game 1.

That's literally it. On and whole, no one played well throughout, and as a team, they look like a mess.
Levi had a .938 save percentage heading into this game. He was absolutely shelled for over 40 per game through four games. And they only lost the first two because of a hook that wasn’t called and an icing that shouldn’t have happened. If you think he was only good in game 3…you are out of your mind

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Rousek losing his shit.
The play he's bitching about appeared to be a routine stick check.

I didn't like the tone from the team going back to the "blown" icing call back in game 1. If you have to complain you lost because of a close ICING call not going your way, you need to look in the mirror and shut the f*** up. :dunno:

This team played one good period after that point.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I'll be blunt. Disappointing playoffs.

Levi played well in game 3. The young forwards had a good game 1.

That's literally it. On and whole, no one played well throughout, and as a team, they look like a mess.

Which is why I find myself scratching my head when people say they have to promote Appert to Ruff’s staff or he’ll be gone. Uh…bye? Sure hasn’t seemed like anything special to me as a coach.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Me leaving didn't help? Damn.. that officiating product I just couldn't watch anymore. Slanted in favor of baby Tampa team's favour all series.

The clutch and grab style of play is present in the entire organisation of theirs.

Reactions: thewookie1

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Levi had a .938 save percentage heading into this game. He was absolutely shelled for over 40 per game through four games. And they only lost the first two because of a hook that wasn’t called and an icing that shouldn’t have happened. If you think he was only good in game 3…you are out of your mind
Seriously. He was just about the only guy on the roster who didn't look like AHL for life trash this series.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
eh, he played well in most of the series, sure.

But not tonight.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Disappointed. No push in the third. Thunderbirds lost too so Binghamton wins the Commissioner's Cup (which looks like a little Stanley Cup).
20240510_215325.jpg

Reactions: sabremike

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd have so many questions if I was Karmanos. So many.

Starting with the breakout.

The complete lack of adjustments. The change that saw two of the very few players who actually played playoff hockey in Game 1 coming out of the lineup yet the continued deployment of whatever the f*** the Biro line was. Kulich at center for months. The 5-forward powerplay. There are so many.

I thought Prow was cooked at the end of last season's playoffs. He looks like he's over cooked now.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'd have so many questions if I was Karmanos. So many.

Starting with the breakout.
Karmanos needs to do a better job putting the team together. He has a bunch who has a hard time winning puck battles against a bigger team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Going back to who they benched at the outset of the series: Ostlund and Neuchev. They were doing things that looked like playoff hockey: get the puck in deep, cycle hard, finish their checks and support each other along the wall. No one else was doing that and those were the guys Appert pulled out of the lineup. That his supposed "young vet" line couldn't do that because Biro and Weissbach were too busy getting out of the way or standing stock still for all but one period in the whole series. Or the "big" line with Mersch and Murray on the wings with Jobst didn't do that. Or that Kulich at center is not it and his line was one-and-done all series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad