Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay... so do we know if Cleveland will send Greaves and Jiricek back to the Monsters before tonight's game? Just noticed the transactions page listing that both had gone up to the big club in the last two days.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What was said?

That Buffalo could use a "win" and that could be a long run by the Amerks in the playoffs. Also a comment that it would be bad if both teams didn't make it and that's odd since they're in third and 6 points clear of 6th place with only 8 games left... but whatever.

Reactions: Willgamesh

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
That Buffalo could use a "win" and that could be a long run by the Amerks in the playoffs. Also a comment that it would be bad if both teams didn't make it and that's odd since they're in third and 6 points clear of 6th place with only 8 games left... but whatever.
As someone that listens to them frequently, and including Lances recent appearance on TJMS, some of their stances have been odd.

Jeff especially keeps shoehorning some manufactured goaltending rivalry between Levi and UPL, when it’s more likely they’ll be hopefully a successful tandem next season ala Swayman/Ullmark. Especially because of Levi developing at such a rapid pace.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

- Stillman out likely for the season
- Houser 3 weeks
- Levi to start
- Praised them for being resilient in coming back against Cleveland
- Praised Subban and Christiansen

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Might be a dumb question but do all the teams in the division play the same number of games? I recall that they don't in recent times and that point percentage is the meaningful number and not points themselves. Is that still the case?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Article in TBN about the Amerks has me believing in Appert a bit. Tin foil hat says an article in TBN about Appert having high motivated, high intensity practices makes me wonder if somebody leaked something to Lance about off season plans. I watched an America game in December and was floored at how undisciplined they were. If that has turned around, it’s a miracle.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Might be a dumb question but do all the teams in the division play the same number of games? I recall that they don't in recent times and that point percentage is the meaningful number and not points themselves. Is that still the case?

The league has different numbers of games played per division now that the western teams have their own divisions so it is by points percentage. Rochester is still in great shape by that metric too.

Reactions: sabremike

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Kulich hit the post.

through 5 minutes, a lot like 80% of last game, the Amerks own the play and the puck.

2-0!!! Slaggert tips a Metsa shot!!!!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I know I’ll curse them for saying this…but Cleveland does not match up well with Rochester at all based on the 70 minutes or so I’ve put into watching them this week.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know I’ll curse them for saying this…but Cleveland does not match up well with Rochester at all based on the 70 minutes or so I’ve put into watching them this week.

If they meet in the playoffs, they will have Greaves back and both of Christiansen and Jiricek. They looked pretty good in comparison to the Amerks a few weeks back when they played.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Metsa going 9 games without a point and the Amerks going 7-1-1 in that stretch is wild.

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad