Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
That is a good win.
Followed online via Livesport.com, and at 3-1 down, wasn't expecting much.
This team has really turned it around from they way they were playing February into early March.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
overall in Roch.

Had a nice debut - used his speed to pressure on the forecheck, created a couple of chances by getting in on people including one for himself that he couldn't finish. The defenseman who was defending on his best chance he buried a few moments later. As first games go, he looked like he belongs and will contribute.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hopefully, they can make the playoffs. Reinforcements are on the way. I specifically want to see Levi in the playoffs. He's ultra confident right now. Apparently, he's referring to himself as beast in the lockerroom. I admire his confidence. Kid is going to be special. It's pretty rare seeing a goalie his age play so well in the AHL and steal games in thr NHL.

Him and Benson just have an attitude even this organization likely cant destroy. They'll be a big part of the turnaround if a turnaround does happen.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hopefully, they can make the playoffs. Reinforcements are on the way. I specifically want to see Levi in the playoffs. He's ultra confident right now. Apparently, he's referring to himself as beast in the lockerroom. I admire his confidence. Kid is going to be special. It's pretty rare seeing a goalie his age play so well in the AHL and steal games in thr NHL.

Him and Benson just have an attitude even this organization likely cant destroy. They'll be a big part of the turnaround if a turnaround does happen.

It would take a wild collapse for them to finish out of the playoffs at this point. They have a 7 point lead on Belleville in 6th place with 8 games to play. They've reeled in Cleveland to now be sitting 2 back of 2nd place with another head-to-head on Wednesday.

Levi should be back down for the playoffs. They will need him - Tokarski's been dinged (ill, something else) and Houser is out 3 weeks or more with his LBI from the game against Syracuse.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
IMG_0998.jpeg

Introducing your starting goalie for your 1996-97 Rochester Americans, #69 (nice) Tommy Soderstrom

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He played two games for them. Say what you want about him, but the fact that a picture exists of him with the team is actually impressive.
To give you a cultural translation any Djurgården icon is Milan Lucic in my book. Their fans have thrown rocks at me and fellow away fans (police covered themselves with shields, walling us in while moving slowly so we were essentially sitting ducks), I've seen djurgården meth-heads attack old people after a loss, been kicked from behind (when I was a kid) by one of their fans etc.
Somehow the supporters doesn't even have the worst reputation in Stockholm.
I'm so glad their hockey team is stuck in HA even though it means no shl team in Stockholm.

Nothing against the picture or your interest in ibscure goalies. When I was a kid I had a weird interest in backup goalies and always played the backup in videogames etc.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It would take a wild collapse for them to finish out of the playoffs at this point. They have a 7 point lead on Belleville in 6th place with 8 games to play. They've reeled in Cleveland to now be sitting 2 back of 2nd place with another head-to-head on Wednesday.

Levi should be back down for the playoffs. They will need him - Tokarski's been dinged (ill, something else) and Houser is out 3 weeks or more with his LBI from the game against Syracuse.
That's great to read! I haven't been able to go to a game this year, so I'm very out of touch with this year's team. I'm planning on going to a playoff game or two, and am thrilled to see Levi play.

The team last year barely squeaked in and went on a nice run. Levi is a much better goalie than what they had last year, so I have hope they can go on a run even if they are flawed and battered and bruised atm.

I'm also holding out hope they'll advance far enough to get Savoie in for the playoffs. He struggled last year against an incredibly good defensive team in Hershey (who also was physical as hell). It'll be interesting to see how much his game has grown. Fingers crossed they make it far enough!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's great to read! I haven't been able to go to a game this year, so I'm very out of touch with this year's team. I'm planning on going to a playoff game or two, and am thrilled to see Levi play.

The team last year barely squeaked in and went on a nice run. Levi is a much better goalie than what they had last year, so I have hope they can go on a run even if they are flawed and battered and bruised atm.

It's a tight division still. 2022 with them needing help (and getting it) from Belleville was even tighter. They don't seem to be in that position and if they can win tomorrow, they're ahead of Cleveland based on regulation wins for 2nd in the division which is home ice in at least round 1 against the 3 seed.

I'm also holding out hope they'll advance far enough to get Savoie in for the playoffs. He struggled last year against an incredibly good defensive team in Hershey (who also was physical as hell). It'll be interesting to see how much his game has grown. Fingers crossed they make it far enough!

I thought Savoie jumping into a single AHL game against the eventual Calder Cup winner was poorly timed and part of the struggle was he and Kulich didn't know who was playing center on that line so they were both not in the right position leading to chances against. Savoie's WHL team is good but they aren't great. I would expect him probably by the 2nd round of the AHL playoffs, but stranger things have happend.

Suffice to say they didn't set up either he or Kulich to succeed in that game.

It would be great to get another long (more than 1 series) run out of this group.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad