Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Practice Lines -

Forwards: Moses/Porter/Bailey - Smith/Criscuolo/Baptiste - Ross/Gill/Fasching - D. Smith/Blackwell/Cornel - Malone/Krause.

Defenseman: Guhle/Fedun - Paetsch/Nelson - MacWilliam/Redmond - Allen/Goers.

Goaltenders: Ullmark - Wilcox.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If I were an Amerks player...any position...I’m coming out like a house on fire trying to get noticed right now. Guys in Buffalo can only put up so many more 0s before they try something else.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If I were an Amerks player...any position...I’m coming out like a house on fire trying to get noticed right now. Guys in Buffalo can only put up so many more 0s before they try something else.

Shouldn't they be doing that anyway?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
There’s little in Rochester that’s going to help. Maybe Bailey or Baptiste but I don’t think either will ever make much of an impact in the NHL. Guhle has a lot to work on defensively. It’s a good AHL team but one without much NHL future.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Wow they looked abysmal tonight. Absolutely no offense whatsoever. Bailey and Baptiste are so underwhelming. I just don’t see the NHL potential beyond bottom 6 forwards. Guhle looks like a shell of what we saw at the end of last season. Other than that, not many prospects to report on. Nelson is the new Leduc.

I’m not worried about the team in general, but I think they have serious issue with the offense. That’s 5 regulation goals in 3 games. Not going to cut it. Losing Griffith was a huge blow and they didn’t do anything to rectify it. Nylander won’t be the answer. Rodrigues might help though.

Overall, the defense and goaltending have done what they need to do. Offense has been pitiful.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wow they looked abysmal tonight. Absolutely no offense whatsoever. Bailey and Baptiste are so underwhelming. I just don’t see the NHL potential beyond bottom 6 forwards. Guhle looks like a shell of what we saw at the end of last season. Other than that, not many prospects to report on. Nelson is the new Leduc.

I’m not worried about the team in general, but I think they have serious issue with the offense. That’s 5 regulation goals in 3 games. Not going to cut it. Losing Griffith was a huge blow and they didn’t do anything to rectify it. Nylander won’t be the answer. Rodrigues might help though.

Overall, the defense and goaltending have done what they need to do. Offense has been pitiful.

Not a ringing endorsement. Leduc was such a turd.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I was hoping that a change to a more attack oriented system might help Nelson rejuvenate his career, but I guess early returns are negative.

How has CJ Smith looked?
Nelson can’t handle the puck. Turnover after turnover. He’s on the first PP unit and he’s a liability. He wears the same number as Leduc and I’d swear they’re the same player.

Smith looked real good last week but invisible tonight. I like him but they entire team didn’t show up.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Is nylander ever coming back?
Maybe next Friday, but I’m not sure he’s even skating yet so probably not. Malone is and I would think he’d play next week.

Baptiste doesn’t even have a point yet following a bad camp.

Sounds like Paetsch is out for a while after blocking a shot. Hopefully Tennyson or Falk get waived by next Friday. I’d also like to see Goers in for Nelson.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Maybe next Friday, but I’m not sure he’s even skating yet so probably not. Malone is and I would think he’d play next week.

Baptiste doesn’t even have a point yet following a bad camp.

Sounds like Paetsch is out for a while after blocking a shot. Hopefully Tennyson or Falk get waived by next Friday. I’d also like to see Goers in for Nelson.
None of this bodes well for the Sabres' future. Nice to have a decent AHL team with 3 or 4 future nhlers. Is that too much to hope for? Might it be just around the corner or will we need talent so badly in the Sabres' lineup that management will rush anyone with talent right into the nhl lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->