Injury Report: Roberto Luongo 12/4/17 (groin injury), out 6-8 weeks

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
2 Points it looks like the same spot he was injured 3 times in the last 2 Years. Even after his operation, that looks really bad for Loungo. He did a lot for the Team, now he should be take more care of his own. He is no more 23.

Seconde Point we have no real goalie to call up. Samuel is only in his first Year that makes no sense at all to call him up. And Säteri is no NHL Goaltender someone in the System i missed??
On the other Hand in our Situation, trade for a Goalie make no sense at all.

Last edited:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Oy vey. I didn't start watching the game until the 3rd. I was wondering why Reimer got the start.

:facepalm:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
can he just retire? im assuming next year is his last anyways but his groin/lower body just cannot take it anymore it seems

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I really don't get this optimism regarding Montembeault? He has three wins and eleven losses (1OT, one SO), plus a 0.895 save%. Yes it's his first year, yes Springfield D is meh... still, how is he even remotedly ready to be called up? What am I missing here?

If we don't want to waste assets, call up Sateri. Season's over anyway.

Unless Montreal waives Niemi again and we can bring him back?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Too risky to bring up Montembault. I'd try to trade for Steve Mason, Petr Mrazek, or Kristers Gudlevskis. Assuming they don't have shitty contracts and Luongo is out for year.

OR SIGN HUGO FAGERBLOM

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

This is the groin injury I referenced in the GDT, Rask missed the remaining games (Boston was eliminated in the 1st round that year).

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wonder if this is the end for him. Who are other options for a 1a next season?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I wonder if this is the end for him. Who are other options for a 1a next season?

It sure as heck isn't Reimer. I honestly thought he could potentially be a good enough #1, but clearly that isn't the case. He isn't nearly consistent enough. It's unfortunate because I like the guy, but so disappointing. If Luongo is done, we're going to have to make a trade or somehow find a free agent (whether it be NA or Europe).

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It sure as heck isn't Reimer. I honestly thought he could potentially be a good enough #1, but clearly that isn't the case. He isn't nearly consistent enough. It's unfortunate because I like the guy, but so disappointing. If Luongo is done, we're going to have to make a trade or somehow find a free agent (whether it be NA or Europe).
I don't trust Reimer either. Signing him for so long was a mistake.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
All the free agent goalies were, obviously, signed to terms on other teams (Elliott, Bishop etc).

I saw that Buffalo is shopping Chad Johnson and Robin Lehner around (LOL).

for 2018, this is your list of UFA goalies.

Kari Lehthemin
Halak, Ward, Lack, Bernier, Niemi, Hamburglar, Pavelec, Khudobin, Hutchinson (Looks to be the best of nothing, besides Halak), and a laundry list of nothing.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
All the free agent goalies were, obviously, signed to terms on other teams (Elliott, Bishop etc).

I saw that Buffalo is shopping Chad Johnson and Robin Lehner around (LOL).

for 2018, this is your list of UFA goalies.

Kari Lehthemin
Halak, Ward, Lack, Bernier, Niemi, Hamburglar, Pavelec, Khudobin, Hutchinson (Looks to be the best of nothing, besides Halak), and a laundry list of nothing.

More than likely we'll acquire another one via a trade.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Reimer will be fine. He will get better as gets consistent playing time. His ceiling is not as high as Luongo's, and he won't steal games.

They will need to trade for a backup that can actually play before he gets tired.

Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->