Prospect Info: Robert Thomas (20th overall in 2017)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd go as far to saying that he's the best player to not stick with the Blues this year. Like others have said, he's pretty much good at everything.

He definitely was. Not only that, I'd say he was better than a lot of the people still competing for a roster spot. The only reason he got sent back was due to his age, and not being AHL eligible. If we had an AHL option, he'd be playing until Steen came back, then bouncing between us and AHL. But he's only 18, there is no need to rush him. I'd say Blais, Barbashev and maybe Jaskin were the only ones to outplay him out of the prospects/bottom 6. He outplayed Kostin, Thompson, Thorburn, Sunqvist, Brodziak, and Paajarvi imo.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I think he was better than anyone expected. He's really well-rounded for an 18 year old. Good at pretty much everything.

If you have the time, I'm sure a lot of us would love to hear updates on him throughout the season. Most aren't able to watch CHL games.

I'm happy to try to update you when I can about him (and just so no one reflexively ignores me b/c I'm a Hawks' fan - I'm extremely supportive of all players from the Knights and want them to do well for any team that drafts them).

This is the OHL thread for the London Knights (the OHL board doesn't keep threads for players...so this is where to go for updates on how Robby is playing this season): http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...n-thread-part-2.2391083/page-2#post-136137469

He will be extremely competitive for a spot on Canada's world junior team as well.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Thomas agrees to three-year entry-level deal
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/thomas-agrees-to-three-year-entry-level-deal/c-291422240

Robert Thomas, the Blues' first-round pick (No. 20 overall) at the 2017 NHL Draft, has agreed to terms on a three-year entry-level contract.

Thomas, 18, has played in four preseason games for the Blues this season, scoring two goals. One of the goals was a game-winner.

Thomas spent last season with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, scoring 16 goals and 50 assists (66 points) in 66 games.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Yes, we can. But if he plays more than 9 games, he is on the roster for the rest of the season. We cannot send him back to OHL after 9 games and we can't send him to the AHL or ECHL at all.
You can send prospects backs after more than 9 games, see Leon Draisaitl and Anthony Duclair. The only thing is if Thomas were to play over 9 games, he'd burn the 1st year of his ELC.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
We arent use to having so many good prospects. Its a nice change of things. You left out Tage Thompson. Was that for a reason?

No, no reason beyond that I have barely seen him play outside the World Juniors. I don't have a way to watch college games unfortunately.

Anyway cool to see Thomas get rewarded with an ELC. I like that all three of Thomas-Chytil-Yamamoto are doing well. You don't see three players selected in the twenties impressing this much, this early. Especially in a supposedly weak draft. Great string of picks :)

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
And now, I feel old.

FvXNGL4vurel.gif

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The more and more I watch Thomas.... the more and more Claude Giroux pops in my head. had a goal and an assist they're last game and had a nasty feed to one of his line mates(don't remember who) that got robbed. I have a real good feeling he's going to be a special player for us.

Here's the link to the recap of that game
http://londonknights.com/video/oct-2217-ldn-5-miss-2

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
The more and more I watch Thomas.... the more and more Claude Giroux pops in my head. had a goal and an assist they're last game and had a nasty feed to one of his line mates(don't remember who) that got robbed. I have a real good feeling he's going to be a special player for us.

Here's the link to the recap of that game
http://londonknights.com/video/oct-2217-ldn-5-miss-2

At Traverse City I was thinking the same thing. He was their main PPQB and he did a great job at it. I think he will have a solid future in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->