Robert Esche should be ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Good news for the U.S., as Esche had the strongest season overall for American goaltenders this year. That being said, I don't think it's set in stone he'll be the number one guy off the bat. There will no doubt be some healthy competition, and that's good.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
I am glad to here it. Esche looked really good when I watched him during 2003-04. He outplayed two of Team Canada's goalies in the playoffs this past season, Brodeur and Belfour.

I agree that it isn't set in stone that Esche will be the starter, but he certainly must go in as the frontrunner.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
David Puddy said:
He outplayed two of Team Canada's goalies in the playoffs this past season, Brodeur and Belfour.

oh man, for the last time HIS TEAM beat two of team Canada's goalie's TEAMS. i think esche is very good, but not great. I don't see him as the kind of guy that can absolutely dominate a tournament. he's no mike richter

Liquidrage*

arrbez said:
oh man, for the last time HIS TEAM beat two of team Canada's goalie's TEAMS.

Yes, and while doing that he was also clearly the better goalie in both series for the duration of each series. In fact, NJ carried the majority of the play against the Flyers, and the better chances and the most shots on goal. It was only Esche outplaying Brodeur that had Philly moving on. Against Toronto, Esche looked better then Belfour and the rest of the Flyers looked better then the Leafs. And against the Lightning, the goalies were basically a wash and the Lightning skaters were a hairline better then the Flyers skaters.

He did outplay both Brodeur and Belfour in these playoffs. What is your freaking boggle here? You don't need to act like people are putting Esche in the HoF. They are stating what happened as if it gives them some hope for his success in the World Cup. And I'm sure it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad