Robbie Schremp off to amazing start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Birko19 said:
McGrath had 15 points in his first 4 games without the likes of Bolland and Kostitsyn on his side ;)

Kostitsyn? The 200th overall pick Kostitsyn? He's a stud winger now?

I guess he does have 17 points in 9 games, which is waaaay better than anyone was hoping for. Is he really playing with Bolland and Schremp? That would go a long way to explaining it.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
JNRhockeyGURU said:
Rob Schremp has 14 points in just 4 OHL games so far this season, statistically that is quite amazing. Can anyone who has seen these london games comment on how he's looked?
Havent seen the games, but ive listened to a few and he sounds dominating. Its almost like his game leveled up to the pro status. :yo:

Last edited:

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Squeaky said:

I guess he does have 17 points in 9 games, which is waaaay better than anyone was hoping for. Is he really playing with Bolland and Schremp? That would go a long way to explaining it.

Yeah it's that Kostitsyn...Andrei's brother, Sergei. He had almost all his points without the help of Shremp because Robbie wasn't with the team to start the season. Sergei had a 6 points night to start off the year. Nobody really know what he can become in 3-4 years because he was playing in Belarus...he seems to have the talent.

Andrei have the talent
Sergei have the heart

And yup, nice start for Shremp

Claypool_*

JNRhockeyGURU said:
Rob Schremp has 14 points in just 4 OHL games so far this season, statistically that is quite amazing.

considering he's playing against 16 and 17 year olds, not really.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Claypool said:

Hey - if he can keep up 3.5 points per game, that will be amazing... even for a 19 year old. That's miles ahead of where basically any other player is (and there have been decent players... Perry was only slightly above 2 points per game - and people thought that was pretty good).

Mind you - there is no way he'll keep up this pace. Still, good start.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I`ve been to the games in London, and he still has those passes that get intercepted all of the time. Still needs to work on his D, as he is almost always indirectly responsable for at least one goal against.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
nally said:
I`ve been to the games in London, and he still has those passes that get intercepted all of the time. Still needs to work on his D, as he is almost always indirectly responsable for at least one goal against.

How has Kostitsyn looked in the games that you've seen him in?

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Michal Birner has 12 points in 6 games, 10 of them being goals. Not a bad start for the Saginaw skater. Look at Dave Bolland though, 13G and 13A in 9 games. That London squad is gonna be ridiculous.

jester099

Aug 19, 2005
Montreal
JNRhockeyGURU said:
Rob Schremp has 14 points in just 4 OHL games so far this season, statistically that is quite amazing. Can anyone who has seen these london games comment on how he's looked?

I have him in a FHL league. I was a little disappointed when he got cut by Edmonton. I thought he had a chance to make the team.

I read he worked really hard on his skating and that it isn't a problem anymore. Anyone that saw him care to comment on that ?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Claypool said:

That's generally not true. The bulk of the lineups in the CHL are made up of 18-20 year olds, not 16 and 17 year olds.

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
JNRhockeyGURU said:

Amazed? Hardly. Maybe it's the way you are wording it. Amazing is like something that makes my jaw drop and my eyes bulge out. A bunch of points in a league in London isnt amazing. If he wasnt putting up great numbers in the London league I'd be pretty concerned.

Claypool_*

Kritty said:
That's generally not true. The bulk of the lineups in the CHL are made up of 18-20 year olds, not 16 and 17 year olds.

considering teams can only have a handful of overage players (no more than 5?), I don't think so.

Claypool_*

Charlie_Girl said:
Teams are allowed a maximum of 3 overagers, and 3 16-year-olds.

So there you go. Schremp is mainly playing against players who are younger than him. He's been in the OHL a long time. He's played against the best players at his age internationally. He's won the memorial cup. He's played on one of the best junior teams ever. If he isn't outscoring the opposition by a wide margin by now, then he isn't playing well. No one should be suprised by his point totals. That's all I'm saying.

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
i saw him play last night in brampton and he was pretty awesome (although i don't want to admit it cuz i'm a kitchener fan). i mean it seemed like he was on the ice the whole game and brampton was shorthanded alot. i'm not that surprised he's doing this well considering what a hog he is and now he's the #1 hog in town.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Squeaky said:

Kostitsyn played for Belarus in te WJC last year, so yes he does have talent may not as much as his brother, but he makes up for that with heart.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Its a little hard to get excited for the Knights after last season, though they have won their last 5 games, after losing their first 4, they're about .500 for the first time all season.

I've only watched one game on TV this year, and he looked impressive. However, its hard to compare what he's like now, as he's playing without a number of Knights players from last year like Perry.

Him and Bolland are really surprised me this year. First of all, I didn't expect Schremp back this year, and Bolland was fairly unnoticable last year. So he's really stepped up his act this year, but that's because most of last year's stars have moved on.

go knights go!

jester099

Aug 19, 2005
Montreal
Claypool said:
So there you go. Schremp is mainly playing against players who are younger than him. He's been in the OHL a long time.

So you're saying it's normal for everybody 19 and 20 to score 4 points per game ? Is that it ?

Because he's 19 and some players in the league are younger than that doesn't mean 14 points in 4 games isn't an amazing production pace.

14 points in 4 games is a pace that would give him 28 in 8 games, good for the first rank in the scorers of the league. It's an excellent production, no mather how old he his.

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
Claypool said:
So there you go. Schremp is mainly playing against players who are younger than him. He's been in the OHL a long time. He's played against the best players at his age internationally. He's won the memorial cup. He's played on one of the best junior teams ever. If he isn't outscoring the opposition by a wide margin by now, then he isn't playing well. No one should be suprised by his point totals. That's all I'm saying.

but a lot of players in the same senario as schremp don't do as well. over 3 ppg is great for the ohl no matter what age you are. for example jeff carter was in that same situation last year and is widely considered to be a better prospect than schremp but didn't put up 3 ppg. all that being said there's no way he keeps this pace up. 4, now 5, games is a small sample size. if he gets 3 ppg over 50 games i'll have kittens.

ps bobby ryan is putting up some similar numbers.

jester099

Aug 19, 2005
Montreal
Are they using the same "rules" (or I should say application of the rules) as in the NHL for the obstruction calls ?

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
jester099 said:
Are they using the same "rules" (or I should say application of the rules) as in the NHL for the obstruction calls ?

I was just about to bring this up...

They are using the same rules, which means that Schremp/Bolland now have alot more opportunity to generate higher point totals. Not to take away from either of them as I am a Knights fan but things have to be kept in perspective. Quite honestly there are alot of players putting up suprising numbers thus far and many "on pace" for 50 goal seasons thru the first 9-10 games.

jester099

Aug 19, 2005
Montreal
MomentsofSanity said:
I was just about to bring this up...

They are using the same rules, which means that Schremp/Bolland now have alot more opportunity to generate higher point totals. Not to take away from either of them as I am a Knights fan but things have to be kept in perspective. Quite honestly there are alot of players putting up suprising numbers thus far and many "on pace" for 50 goal seasons thru the first 9-10 games.

I think it's going to make a huge difference in the CHL.

Their is probably a bigger gap between the best players and the worst players in the CHL than in the NHL (the talent pool of the NHL is bigger), so the best players could really make a bigger impact in the CHL...

It'll be fun to see how it unfolds.

It's also very nice to see that players can get used to the new way of calling games in the juniors rather than in the pros.

Do you guys think it will show in the future drafts ? That team will be more inclined to draft players from the juniors rather than from the european pool of players because of the rule applications ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad