Robbie Schremp at his best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
HabLover said:
2 goals and 2 assists tonight, but -3 at the same time! How does that happen? All in a losing effort! Too funny........

4 points on the power play and on the ice for 3 against even strength.

Im not sold on this guy being a NHL player some day something about him that strikes me wrong. Ya his putting up great numbers but I think he is gonna be a bust. I hope not for the Oilers sake.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
HabLover said:
2 goals and 2 assists tonight, but -3 at the same time! How does that happen? All in a losing effort! Too funny........

Very misleading Stats - London's goalie didn't play well tonight and neither did their D. Rob got his points and kept his team in the game. Unfortunate for him the defense and goaltending didn't match his intensity.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
I was at the game, i was sitting at the end where he scored both of his goals. Both were amazing, buitifull wrist shots to the top corner. The Knights played amazing they were down 3-0 Schremp and Bolland both lead the charge. Schremp is just amazing, I sware their was one point in the 1st period where he was on the ice for 5-6 min staight he wasnt complaining. Hes has 90 points in 31 games, now thats even more amazing, alot of people hate this guy but come on 90 points in 31 games is just plain amazing. Schremps team played horrible all night, but i didnt see the guy do anything stupid all night and when Hunter wanted him to stay on the ice for like 2-3 min he wouldnt even complain. To bad the D let the team down, they gave up to meny brake aways and Dennis just couldnt do anything on the brakeaways. Schremp didnt give up tonight, this guy is forsure ready for the NHL!.The way he played tonight and the way he is playing this season just makes you think why did the Oilers ever send him to the OHL, he should be in the NHL!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
transplant99 said:
He will make an exemplary Oiler...they don't care about defense either.
Not sure I understand that one... they allow the 2nd fewest shots against in the league.

BitterEnd

Dec 24, 2004
knight44 said:
I sware their was one point in the 1st period where he was on the ice for 5-6 min staight he wasnt complaining.
Wow, it should have been his teammates and coach complaining. I find it hard to believe, but if he did stay on the ice for 5 or 6 min straight, he’s being selfish.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
BitterEnd said:
Wow, it should have been his teammates and coach complaining. I find it hard to believe, but if he did stay on the ice for 5 or 6 min straight, he’s being selfish.
Obviously he was on because Hunter wanted him on.

BitterEnd

Dec 24, 2004
Seachd said:
Obviously he was on because Hunter wanted him on.
Obviously... what good coach wouldn't want a player on the ice for more than a quarter of the period without a break? Especially, if that player is a –3 on the night. Maybe the coach should be fired.

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
transplant99 said:
He will make an exemplary Oiler...they don't care about defense either.
Please don't confuse the play of Edmonton's D with the play of Ty Conklin or Jussi Markkannen.

IceDragoon

Jun 25, 2003
South of Sanity
Visit site
Joe Hallenback said:
4 points on the power play and on the ice for 3 against even strength.

Im not sold on this guy being a NHL player some day something about him that strikes me wrong. Ya his putting up great numbers but I think he is gonna be a bust. I hope not for the Oilers sake.
I rarely prognosticate, but... no chance this kid is a bust. MacT wanted to keep him up so he could build up to speed and strength with NHLers. If it wasn't for committed roster spots and budget, he would be a NHLer now.
BitterEnd said:
Obviously... what good coach wouldn't want a player on the ice for more than a quarter of the period without a break? Especially, if that player is a –3 on the night. Maybe the coach should be fired.
He's young, fit and directed to work on his conditioning by the Oilers. It was virtually all PP and 4on4 time and he scored. meh... this was one of those suck-it-up-buttercup situations.
nomoment said:
Please don't confuse the play of Edmonton's D with the play of Ty Conklin or Jussi Markkannen.
:biglaugh:
Tonight our D did stink, tho.
However, if we had the goalie at the other end of the rink, we could have pulled out the win.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
BitterEnd said:

So the man who won the Memorial Cup last year, Coach of the year in 2004 and should have won last year given the Knight's record, is 112W 28L in the last 3 years AND owns the team should be fired? :shakehead

Schremp is on the ice because he wants to be on the ice... he relishes being out as much as possible and has plainly said so.

BitterEnd

Dec 24, 2004
So which was it? I have Seached saying it was the coaches decision, and MomentsofSanity saying it was Schremps...I agree, all players want ice time. It's the selfish ones that actually put thier own wants ahead of the teams needs.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
BitterEnd said:
So which was it? I have Seached saying it was the coaches decision, and MomentsofSanity saying it was Schremps...I agree, all players want ice time. It's the selfish ones that actually put thier own wants ahead of the teams needs.

Bottom line is it IS Dale Hunter's decision, he's the coach... but no player, fan etc... is complaining about it... He stapled Robbies butt to the bench during the playoffs in 04 and you can bet he would do the same were his play on the PP to suffer given his ice time.

Last edited:

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
i dont know bout all that but boy does robbie ever see bitter towards USA hockey management....this must be at least the 3rd time i've seen this quote or something like this in print since the WJC's just a couple weeks ago:
"It takes a while to adjust after playing 10 minutes a game for three weeks at the world juniors (with the Americans)," he said. "I didn't get a lot of ice time (in Vancouver) and when I first came back, it was tough to play 25 minutes a game. But it feels good now to be back in a place where you're appreciated."

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I've said it before, and it bears repeating...has there ever been a 25th overall pick that could cause such a ruckus around here?

Robbie could sit in front of the camera and twang the elastic band in his underwear, and 10 minutes later there'll be a multipage thread on here about his 'bad attitude'.

I honestly don't know if he'll have a successful NHL career or not, but in a petty way I hope he has a HOF career because it would put so many people's noses out of joint I'd break a rib in hysterics.

BitterEnd

Dec 24, 2004
So Schremp scored in the first 36 seconds of a 5min powerplay. That means he was on the ice for 4min 24 seconds after that, where he didn’t score. Maybe if he had come off the ice for as little as 30 seconds of that 4:24 he would have been rested enough to score again and given a team mate a chance to score. It's also worth noting, that Schremp didn't have a goal or assist and was on the ice for a -2 after his 5-6min shift. Bottom line, it was a bad decision, they lost the game and Schremp had a team high –3.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
This is the way it has been in London all year and guess what... it's been pretty effective. But yes they lost the game tonight so obviously this is the reason. It has nothing to do with a D that played quite flat or a goalie who had an incredibly off night from the way he typically plays... oh wait... I guess you probably didn't see the game to really be in a position to comment on it. (Although you are doing a bang up job).

I am guessing that no matter what you are going to hold the same position as it would appear you simply want to bash Hunter/Schremp for the sake of bashing Hunter/Schremp...

Enjoy

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
BitterEnd said:
So Schremp scored in the first 36 seconds of a 5min powerplay. That means he was on the ice for 4min 24 seconds after that, where he didn’t score. Maybe if he had come off the ice for as little as 30 seconds of that 4:24 he would have been rested enough to score again and given a team mate a chance to score. It's also worth noting, that Schremp didn't have a goal or assist and was on the ice for a -2 after his 5-6min shift. Bottom line, it was a bad decision, they lost the game and Schremp had a team high –3.

It seems to me that some people here saw the game, while others are simply quoting stats. The same debate has raged between the poles here for years now, but I can tell you, if knowing hockey was as simple as studying numbers... well I'm sure you'd be right on the ball.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Does anyone know how many PP points Corey Perry had out of his 130 last year and what Schremp is on pace for? Hes currently on pace to get around 180 points this year if he keeps up the 3 ppg average. :eek:

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
chiefmonarch said:
Does anyone know how many PP points Corey Perry had out of his 130 last year and what Schremp is on pace for? Hes currently on pace to get around 180 points this year if he keeps up the 3 ppg average. :eek:

Perry was 18-40=58 on the PP last season. To date Schremp is 23-40=63 PP points in 31 games. With 28 RS games remaining he is on pace for 44-76A=120 points on the PP to round out the year.

Think where he would be if he didn't miss the other 9 games of the season while in the Oilers camp and at the WJC ;) :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad