Status
Not open for further replies.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I have season tickets to the knights and aside from his 4 goal game last week, he has been 3rd line material. Now, I'm not a Schremp basher, infact I really hope he has a good pro career, being a die hard oilers fan. You put him on a bad team and I bet you he's not even a point a game.

He is averaging a point a game in the last like three weeks, very un-schremp like numbers considering.

Does anyone else see this?

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
Yea I have been thinking the same myself. If he continues to play the way he has I don't see him getting much ice time in the playoffs, especially late in the series. Games 6,7 he could find himself in the same situation as last year. I thought he might get back on track with that 4 goal game but he hasn't. Larmen has jumped up to the 2nd line with him and Fritsche recently. I don't know if it is to help balance Schremp's line with defence or just spreading the scoring players with Bolland on the third line. Maybe Hunter is trying out a shut-down line of Prust, Bolland and Kell which would also have some offence in it.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
His play has really seemed to take a hit since the Knights acquired Fritsche. I'm not entirely sure why as I don't see many games over here in Calgary but he's definitely had a disappointing post-World Juniors...

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Chistov23 said:
Yea I have been thinking the same myself. If he continues to play the way he has I don't see him getting much ice time in the playoffs, especially late in the series. Games 6,7 he could find himself in the same situation as last year. I thought he might get back on track with that 4 goal game but he hasn't. Larmen has jumped up to the 2nd line with him and Fritsche recently. I don't know if it is to help balance Schremp's line with defence or just spreading the scoring players with Bolland on the third line. Maybe Hunter is trying out a shut-down line of Prust, Bolland and Kell which would also have some offence in it.

You don't see one of the best offencive talents in the OHL getting any ice time in the playoffs?.......OK!

nally

Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Dude, you need to see him play live...honestly, he has been horrible the last couple of weeks if not a month. He was a total non-factor tonight as he has been in most of the last 10 games.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
nally said:
Dude, you need to see him play live...honestly, he has been horrible the last couple of weeks if not a month. He was a total non-factor tonight as he has been in most of the last 10 games.

Dude, I have seen him play and I do regularly (although Iam not a Knights fan). He is trying to everything possible to get back on track and you can see it in his game, but he just isn't getting any luckey breaks.
Also Shremp had a assist tonight and is currently riding on a 5 game point streak (4+3=7pts), he also scored 4 goals last week in the Petes game.
So you tell me how has he been horrible?

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
unfortunately, i don't see him as the next US great player.

he could be a 2nd line nhl forward, and i wish him the best to achieve it, but i just don't see it happening.

frankly, i think you could switch his draft position with wes o'neill's, and it's a crapshoot who'll succeed in the nhl.

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
Fleuryfan29 said:
You don't see one of the best offencive talents in the OHL getting any ice time in the playoffs?.......OK!

Wouldn't be the first time. I pointed out that it would be late in a series (games6/7) as the time where he wouldn't play as much, not the playoffs in general.

niconi09

Feb 12, 2005
Ontario
So what if hes not scoring 4 goals a night?! He is still contirubting offensively and playing more of a defensive game. He is still getting his offensive chances...just not burrying everytime. To say hes playing horrible is stupid.

And for those who doubt his future as an NHL player, that is also ridiculous. You can't base his future on a 10 game stretch, when really he hasnt been playing all that bad. He has all the tools to be a #1 or #2 center for an NHL team.

Give your heads a shake.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Man, opinion sure changes quickly around here - 2 weeks ago he was better than O'Sullivan, last week he was being compared to the best stickhandlers in the NHL, and now he's brutal. :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Monkeypox said:
Man, opinion sure changes quickly around here - 2 weeks ago he was better than O'Sullivan, last week he was being compared to the best stickhandlers in the NHL, and now he's brutal. :dunno:

He plays on one of the deepest teams in the CHL, is fifth in the OHL in scoring, and yet a recent period of "average" production means he's "brutal"? Standards sure are tough here at Hockey's Future.........

Last edited:

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Monkeypox said:

Still, these are things that have to be considered. I haven't seen him too terribly often, but he's clearly got big time skill. He DOESN'T appear to be a speed burner and if the coach in junior is skipping over him for more than a shift here or there AT THE JUNIOR LEVEL it is cause for concern imo.

Where's there's smoke there's fire. I have no doubt he's got tremendous talent, but as an Oiler fan I can't honestly put his bio (good and bad) next to a MacTavish "list of preferences in my centers" and get anything but a big headache.

And remember, this isn't his first year in the AHL, this is JUNIOR he's having trouble with in terms of 5x5 play. Where's the worry smilie? :help:

Sammy*

Levitate said:
obligatory "BUST!!!!" comment

:D

Or the obligatory "He's only being criticized because he's an American, if he was Canadian he would never be criticized ".

nally

Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Fleuryfan29 said:
So you tell me how has he been horrible?

How? Yeah, so he has produced at a moderate rate. I don't know if you've been watching the games or not. But I'd say that every other time he has the puck, he caughs it up...not only that, he takes really bad penalties too. He was the reason Dennis lost the shutout last night. Taking a stupid penalty.

Production asside, he has looked aweful.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
How do you think Schremp played today (2g 2a)? I too have season tickets and I agree that he hasn't been playing his best hockey as of late but to say he's been brutal is a brutal statement.

He hasn't been getting as much icetime since the Fritsche trade but he's still producing well. Isn't it even more impresive to produce at the level he is while limited ice time.

I am a little concerned w/ his play but believe he'll pick it up come playoff time.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
I thought he played very good today - that move through the legs was fantastic. His slump has been a little surprising, but in all honesty he's had to adjust to playing with Fritsche, and it's tough to get fired up when you're consistently beating teams by 6 or more goals. Better to judge him by the playoffs and the memorial cup.

If the Knights are going to be successful, especially in the cup, they'll need some good production out of that second line. It'll be his chance to step up.

Tom

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
trahans99 said:
How do you think Schremp played today (2g 2a)? I too have season tickets and I agree that he hasn't been playing his best hockey as of late but to say he's been brutal is a brutal statement.

He hasn't been getting as much icetime since the Fritsche trade but he's still producing well. Isn't it even more impresive to produce at the level he is while limited ice time.

I am a little concerned w/ his play but believe he'll pick it up come playoff time.
Damm mabey he read this thread and got fired up. :dunno:

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Rabid Ranger said:

Yeah I read that article in the LFP this morning. Fact of the matter is that Schremp has elite level skills, his defence has improved quite abit or he wouldn't be playing at all, his attitude is also no longer a factor (don't know when it really was - maybe when he was 15).

Those are the positives, he still needs to work on his skating/speed and be more of a factor 5 on 5, but all in all, i'd say the Oilers are very happy w/ their pick and his progress this year. If he continues to improve each year he should reach his potential and be a top line centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad