Rob Manfried retiring in 2029

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
People get on Gary Bettman for shit and he's a living God compared to Manfred.

Even Roger Goodell is easily better and that is one of the lowest of low bars in history

I don't know how much credit Roger deserves, the NFL is such a huge money making operation that you would have to be a real idiot to mess it up. Jack Tunney could do the job just as well as Goodell

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I don't know how much credit Roger deserves, the NFL is such a huge money making operation that you would have to be a real idiot to mess it up. Jack Tunney could do the job just as well as Goodell
Oh trust me I'm not giving that Chipotle Shitstain any credit, he's awful.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Absolute horrible commissioner who's been bad for the game and sport. Here's hoping the next commissioner treats America's pastime with a whole lot more respect than Manfred has.

He still has a few more years to wreck things

Maybe speed up the game by making it only 2 strikes for a strikeout, we can have games over in 90 minutes

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
He still has a few more years to wreck things

Maybe speed up the game by making it only 2 strikes for a strikeout, we can have games over in 90 minutes
The team with less money on the line through Draftkings gets one additional strike and one fewer ball per plate appearance, with an adjustment after the 5th inning.

(Note I don't actually know how sports betting works because I won't do it, and have no actual desire to learn)

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Like others have said, the commissioner is just a fugurehead for the owners, so radical change has to come from new blood in the owner’s ranks rather than one guy.

I think MLB owners are just as reactionary as NHL owners when it comes to improving the game. I like the concept of a pitch clock and robo umps and think that there are rules that could be implemented that make the game more enjoyable without sacrificing the history and integrity of the game but the implementation of everything thus far sucks.

I think the ideal commissioner would be someone who understands the fan perspective. The number one priority should be removal of the stupid blackout rules, baseball wants people to watch, advertisers want to pay to be seen by more eyes, make it happen!

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
So we can get an early start on the ass-kissing farewell tour, and each team can come up with a plaque or statuette to gift him when he visits them
I got a gift for him floating in the toilet, I ate a lot of meat last night

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm hoping Bryce Harper gets the job at some point

c7855a7ee663570aea16511638c21599_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad