Series Discussion: Road to the Winter Classic Discussion

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also just realized that's BMAC right next to Trotz. Is that the first time he even appeared in the series?

IIRC, he was in the room with Trotz when Leonsis came in to talk about the preparations at Nats Park and tell his "Flyers suck" story about the 2011 classic.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Young guy dies suddenly with no word of underlying problem. Nobody mentions how he died. A lot of people would assume drugs or suicide.

I see.. I guess I usually don't assume anything when it comes to such things.. Sad event, in any case.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
IIRC, he was in the room with Trotz when Leonsis came in to talk about the preparations at Nats Park and tell his "Flyers suck" story about the 2011 classic.

Every time I hear that "Flyers Suck" story, I cringe. I was at the game in the section below the box that Ted was in and cannot for the life of me remember that happening. That may speak to my drunk level more than anything else though.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Every time I hear that "Flyers Suck" story, I cringe. I was at the game in the section below the box that Ted was in and cannot for the life of me remember that happening. That may speak to my drunk level more than anything else though.

I wasn't anywhere near that section (I also don't remember any particular section in particular being specifically red or black, I felt it was a decent mix all around), but I never heard it either. I believe it may have happened, but the more Ted clings to that story the less amused and more skeptical of it I am.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I agree. For some reason, suicide never crossed my mind.

I never thought of it when I saw his interview on EPIX. The guy was articulate, had his act together and had a sense of humor when talking about the players personalities while maintaining a professional air.

CRogersGuy

Jun 3, 2010

Just want to say I was in a section that was about 50/50 Caps/Pens fans and I definitely did hear it. Before the game started I think, but it happened.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I didn't hear it either altho I was up in the endzone nosebleeds.

Still a cringeworthy story.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I never thought of it when I saw his interview on EPIX. The guy was articulate, had his act together and had a sense of humor when talking about the players personalities while maintaining a professional air.

None of that has any bearing on whether he was depressed or suicidal.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
None of that has any bearing on whether he was depressed or suicidal.

No but it said something about how he lived his life. Based upon his appearance in the EPIX episode he appeared to be good at his job and enjoyed it.

Last edited:

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Watched with the close caption on to verify what I thought I might have heard and yeah it was "Brower you know the deal no ****ing around". Also Quenneville during the handshakes at the conclusion asked Brouwer if he had scored the game winner and after Brouwer responded Quenneville said something like **** you! Overall didn't see much animosity between these two teams with their comments on the ice. Some jabs at Latta from the Hawks players regarding him not really being a hockey player but that was about it.

I just rewatched it, Toews does say "You know the deal Brouwer no ****ing around"

And then it shows Toews talking with Hossa and he says, "Nobody likes you over here Brouwer"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad