Injury Report: RNH To Have Season Ending Shoulder Surgery (Labrum Tear)

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
RNH done for the season

@EdmontonOilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will fly to Cleveland today to have his shoulder examined. Surgery is likely, will miss remainder of season.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Why wasn't this done a long time ago? Now it'll be Christmas before he's back to his regular self (hopefully).

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Shoulda done this after that 5 game losing streak or whatever at the very least.

Here we go Barkov here we go!!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Well I sure hope he comes back fully healed next fall. We need him at his best if we want to do anything in this league.

Barkov, here we come.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Here's hoping he improves at the rate Hall did once his shoulders got fixed.

I swear-Katz needs to invest into some bionic shoulders or something for his players.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Yeah this should have been done so long ago. Everyone harping on him for his shooting % and missing the net all the time should be content.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
While we are not privy to what happens with injured players I firmly believe this organization's track records in regards to this is poor at best. He has not played well this season at times and there have been games where it seemed like he was favouring his shoulder after getting hit.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
HAHA oh man. Great medical team here. Guy plays on injured shoulder whole year, 5 games left now lets get that shoulder checked out.

2 of our 3 first overall picks needing surgery in their ELC's. something tells me we brought these guys up way to fast. Oh well. RNH is is going to be our best player. Hopefully he comes back taylor hall style.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Hopefully he recovers fully and is even stronger than before.

Something is really fishy about him playing so much on an injured shoulder. I'm not a doctor, but we should really be careful with injuries.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm thinking that after Sundin landed on RNH earlier this year, they probably should have packed him in for the year.

Buuuuut, after seeing how Hall rebounded, I think RNH can get back in the lineup a little quicker than some expect.

Anyone have any details?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Frustrating that it was apparent he has had an injury problem since the world juniors and they wait until now to get it treated. Now you potentially jeapordize the start of next season.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I laugh at the fact that everyone here thought he was injured but they don't bother to get it checked until now. He'll likely miss training camp.

McOilers4cup

Finally
Jul 14, 2007
High Hopes
@mental_gas: If Tambellini kept RNH playing to try and save his own ass, he should be beaten senseless. Okay beaten, he’s already senseless.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
37163109.jpg

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
HAHA oh man. Great medical team here. Guy plays on injured shoulder whole year, 5 games left now lets get that shoulder checked out.

2 of our 3 first overall picks needing surgery in their ELC's. something tells me we brought these guys up way to fast. Oh well. RNH is is going to be our best player. Hopefully he comes back taylor hall style.

More development isn't going to decrease all injuries in this game.

It's hockey after all.

These things happen.

I agree with the overall idea that RNH should have had this done earlier though.

Poor showing for the Oilers Medical staff.

Is Lowe or the GM (Tambi) responsible for thehiring of these guys?

If it is (was) Tambo, yet another fail to add to his list of fails.

I think the Oilers should be HEAVILY and unremorsefully questioned about this by the media.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Nice call by MacT... Lets hope for a speedy recovery and then come back better than ever. Just like Hall.

#2 Center is now Lander or Horcoff?

TheGudge

Jun 25, 2007
Definitely not sober
Anyone think this has anything to do with the mgmt change? Is this ultimately their decision? Say Tambo didn't want Nuge to get the surgery, MacT is in for only a few days, and they shut him down to get the surgery done sooner then later.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
So that one poster who said he knew the doctor who looked at Nuge's shoulder and the doctor told him he needs surgery was right after all. Should have got this done earlier but whatever. Loved his development defensively. Still showed his vision is unbelievable. Hope he comes back better than ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->