Hampus Lindholm: 65-18
Victor Hedman: 62-48
Rookie Sensation Shayne Gostisbehere: 51-28
Rasmus Ristolainen: 48-20
Duncan Keith: 46-22
Roman Josi: 43-21
Ryan Suter: 41-36
Aaron Ekblad: 41-24

Does that help clarify how little that stat means?

Can honestly say you'd be fine with Dumba being the Wild's PPQB next year? Pressure him on the point and he'll cough up the puck.

Right now, if he ever got the chance, Spurgeon would be out best PPQB.

That would scare me, he needs someone setting him up.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I know that Spurgeon is far superior to Dumba, but I really don't want to pick up a d-man that small.

I know Dumba isn't big, but his body is a lot more likely to last the rigours of the NHL for longer.

I'd do Hopkins + Reinhart + conditional 2nd (2nd if Reinhart plays less than 50 games for the Wild over the next 2 seasons) for Dumba + Coyle.

But I think this is the deal Edmonton makes if they can't use Hopkins to lure Barrie out of Colorado.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know that Spurgeon is far superior to Dumba, but I really don't want to pick up a d-man that small.

I know Dumba isn't big, but his body is a lot more likely to last the rigours of the NHL for longer.

I'd do Hopkins + Reinhart + conditional 2nd (2nd if Reinhart plays less than 50 games for the Wild over the next 2 seasons) for Dumba + Coyle.

But I think this is the deal Edmonton makes if they can't use Hopkins to lure Barrie out of Colorado.

Yeah that package doesn't get you Coyle and Dumba.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Coyle is a no-go with his contract, versatility and year by year improvement.

No interest in Reinhart.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Wild wouldn't do that. Reinhart is useless to us. A 2nd has no value to me right now(try near the draft). So basically RNH for Dumba+Coyle and that gets a HELL NO.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The idea of Dumba for RNH is certainly a LOT closer in value than Larsson for Hall(lol).

Seems like a pretty reasonable trade to be honest.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I love how people are throwing Coyle/Nino around like they're nothing.

Looked into signing Backes... On the fence whether Coyle would be better for the same spot, and Coyle is not 32yo.

Nino was arguably the best forward for wild last season, including injury ridden Parise.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can Dumba QB a PP?

Yeah, though I would say his specialty is being the shooter. He is so-so at zone entries, decent or better at offensive zone passing. Excellent at shooting, and very aggressive on the back door play.

The aggression that can get him in trouble during ES play is an asset on the PP.

Eriktion

Nov 28, 2010
Edmonton
Personally I'd take no less than drai, reinhart, and a 2nd for Dumba and coyle... and I'd still think long and hard

I'd rather trade Drai then trade RNH which is kind of ironic considering how badly Minny fans seem to undervalue RNH and overvalue Drai.

This deal would only work if you took Mark Fayne in the package as well to make the $$$ work.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd rather trade Drai then trade RNH which is kind of ironic considering how badly Minny fans seem to undervalue RNH and overvalue Drai.

This deal would only work if you took Mark Fayne in the package as well to make the $$$ work.

You'd trade the big 2-way center on an entry level contract before RNH?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If you'd rather trade Draisaitl I'm sure something could be worked out. RNH seems far fetched unless the Wild send equal salary back.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
This deal might not seem as likely any more, wild wiuld have to send some $ back and there isnt that much on our roster to do so.

Stillnthing RNH on the Wild would be great even at the cost of dumba

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
This deal might not seem as likely any more, wild wiuld have to send some $ back and there isnt that much on our roster to do so.

Stillnthing RNH on the Wild would be great even at the cost of dumba

Staal, Koivu, Haula, Graovac, with Coyle and Granlund as alternates, and Ek, Kunin, even Downing in the pipeline, yeah, probably not.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Staal, Koivu, Haula, Graovac, with Coyle and Granlund as alternates, and Ek, Kunin, even Downing in the pipeline, yeah, probably not.

It's possible something could happen around trade deadline or next offseason before the draft.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If you'd rather trade Draisaitl I'm sure something could be worked out. RNH seems far fetched unless the Wild send equal salary back.

You mean the center that has yet to prove he can score at a top-6 level without Taylor Hall? The one who played very sheltered minutes? And where did you get the idea that Draisaitl is a two-way forward?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Tried this one on the Oil boards and my fellow Oil fans didn't like it, wondering if some Wild fans could chime in on it...

To MIN: Nuge, Reinhart, 2017 1st

To EDM: Dumba, Granlund

Granlund could slot in at 3C and is a fellow Finn for Pulju to ease the transition into the NHL. Dumba gives us a PP point man and RH shot.

Thoughts?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tried this one on the Oil boards and my fellow Oil fans didn't like it, wondering if some Wild fans could chime in on it...

To MIN: Nuge, Reinhart, 2017 1st

To EDM: Dumba, Granlund

Granlund could slot in at 3C and is a fellow Finn for Pulju to ease the transition into the NHL. Dumba gives us a PP point man and RH shot.

Thoughts?

Reinhart does nothing for us. Perhaps our scouting staff likes him...who knows? I would be OK with the trade, but would rather hold on and see if Granlund can continue his good play from the last part of last year, especially now that he can be shifted to the wing.

In general, I'm lukewarm to the idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad