Proposal: RNH + EDM 2018 1st(+?) for Dumba and Zucker

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Can anyone even explain what this is supposed to do for the Wild? Either they want to remain competitive going forward, or they don't.

If they want to remain competitive does this make them better in the short OR long term? RNH for 3 years who in a career year paced to roughly the level of production Zucker just had, also in a career year and a mystery box at 9th OA who has the chance of being a 30+ goal scorer or a 50+ point defender. So it doesn't make the Wild better.

So they want to rebuild? So they trade their 23 year old defender for some reason when they are trying to get younger, for a 25 year old center/wing and toss in a 26 year old 30+ goal scorer to get the pick to 9th OA. That's not a rebuild. The guy coming back should be a warm body/good prospect.

If you're going to propose a trade, try to put some thought into it. If the Wild are making a trade with EDM that involves Dumba then they want Drai coming back. You missed your shot on the Dumba for RNH trade and it's no longer an offer. Sorry, I'm sure I'm totally underrating your players because I watch Edmonton play probably as much as you watch Minnesota. If they are going into a rebuild and the major piece coming back is 9th OA without a high end prospect tacked on then Dumba isn't in the conversation and you're looking more in the Brodin or Wild forwards range.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldn’t trade Dumba for anything short of a top 5 pick and even then there’s too much risk involved for a bust. Dumba is 23 and has put up first pairing offensive numbers for at least two years now. The offer to get him would have to knock my socks off.
Not only that, he's proven his mettle as a #2 D down the stretch going into the playoffs when Spurgeon was hurt the last month and change of the season. Dumba took his spot and the team never missed a beat, in fact, the team played some of its best hockey during that time.

Spurgeon may be had in the right deal before Dumba could be.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bruh

incredulous.gif

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Knows they made a mistake. Calls for backup. Lol, jeezus.

Honestly could care less as I don’t want him. You know this. I’ve said it across many threads where you attack Wild fans for having opinions *gasp*. I mean look at your next post:

Having opinions with no basis in reality, and I attack the opinion, not the poster.

“Bits and pieces like Nino and Coyle.” Dude, how can you call them bits and pieces. Both were 55 point players last year. Both broke their legs this year.

Andrej Sekera was a top pairing defenceman last year. He’s worth less than nothing in most circles this year. They’re bits and pieces when a player like Draisaitl is the ask.

What about RNH makes him more valuable than Zucker? That 80 point pace he did with the most offensively gifted player in the league (which again is just a pace)?

Not my post, but Zucker’s a good player. The playoff Houdini is concerning though.

Coyle is different than Dumba though. Dumba is a #7 overall pick doing what he was projected to do. Sure, everything isn’t linear but I think it’s fair to expect 40+pts next year.

They’re both at the age that where they were drafted doesn’t matter. The funny thing is I like Coyle. I think he’s a nice complimentary player. I don’t consider him as some major lynchpin in a trade for Drai, though. Coyle + MIN 1st for EDM 1st and Caggiula/Strome could be a deal that makes some sense. The Wild downgrade but save cap space and gain a top ten pick.

Answers above. Multi quote responses suck for us mobile people.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Moving Dumba does not have the desired change we need, we need to ADD to what Dumba and Granlund bring to the team, trading them away is just spinning our tires, we can do that without trading Dumba or Granlund in the first place.

Not if you want a legitimate young #1 C, you can’t.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Way to ignore all the other posts, including by that poster, where he admits that he is being sarcastic. Literally no one but the feeble minded thinks that Dumba is worth McDavid, or that such a thing was ever seriously proposed on this thread. Do we have to put a disclaimer on every thread involving EDM that we acknowledge the superiority of McDavid to every human on the planet, with the possible exception of the Dalai Lama?

No, just help in the ‘dont say dumb things like Put McDavid on the table’ campaign.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Literally everyone? Eric Staal won’t last forever.
We know hee won't last forever, never said he would. We also know that's a problem better solved via the draft, we also know Staal is coming off a 42 goal season, so we have time. No need to panic about it today when it's not a problem until a few years down the road.

No, we're not shopping for a #1 c.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Who said we're searching for a #1 c?
To be fair, it's been a pretty common theme from Wild fans over the past few years. It seems to be something that we're likely to struggle with again once Staal starts to decline, but it's hard to say.

Anyway, there's no realistic combination of 9OA, RNH, Puljujarvi, etc. that would make sense for Minnesota to give up Dumba for. Edmonton has good pieces, but they're the wrong pieces for that player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We know hee won't last forever, never said he would. We also know that's a problem better solved via the draft, we also know Staal is coming off a 42 goal season, so we have time. No need to panic about it today when it's not a problem until a few years down the road.

No, we're not shopping for a #1 c.

The rest of your fanbase seems to disagree. If not 1C, where do you think your team’s holes are?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The rest of your fanbase seems to disagree. If not 1C, where do you think your team’s holes are?
In past years, yes, right now it's not an immediate need. Don't confuse last year and two years ago for today.

Our holes, I have said clearly I the Wild blow up thread, we need forwards who have very good puck handling and passing skills who can score. We have too many forwards that have avg at best puck and passing skills and have to grind out offense the hard way.

We need to diversify the forward skill set.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In past years, yes, right now it's not an immediate need. Don't confuse last year and two years ago for today.

Our holes, I have said clearly I the Wild blow up thread, we need forwards who have very good puck handling and passing skills who can score. We have too many forwards that have avg at best puck and passing skills and have to grind out offense the hard way.

Okay, so you want forwards that are great passers and have vision, and strong puck skills... but don’t want RNH? That doesn’t add up. He should be exactly what you’re looking for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Okay, so you want forwards that are great passers and have vision, and strong puck skills... but don’t want RNH? That doesn’t add up. He should be exactly what you’re looking for.
We don't want RNH if Dumba is the ask.

Now, you want to talk Brodin, maybe we can discuss, but if Dumba is the ask, there is no conversation.

DUMBA IS NOT ON THE TABLE.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We don't want RNH if Dumba is the ask.

Now, you want to talk Brodin, maybe we can discuss, but if Dumba is the ask, there is no conversation.

DUMBA IS NOT ON THE TABLE.

Don’t see Brodin as a need. Yes, I know he’s comfortable on the right side, but we need a point producer and that’s not him.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What's the context of what RNH had to do to get those 24 goals and 48 points? Because a 50 point winger has even less value than a 50 point defenseman.

Please look at the facts . RNH was on a 60 point pace this year playing centre with scrub winger . He was injured for 18 games . He came back and it took a few games to get back up to speed he was then moved to McDavid wing where he was a great fit . RNH is a responsible 2 way centre and it a bonus he has the hockey IQ to be able to play with one of the best players in the world . Spin it how you want . I posted the facts .

Maybe a better way to judge them if you are going to compare point is by PPG . I do agree that the Wild should keep him going by this thread . Going by the playoff thread it seems that some Wild fans think he is a shit defender that puts up points only . You can go there and read it for yourself . As for the Oilers I do not think they should move RNH . He works well with McDavid and that isn't an easy thing to do . Plus rather have Draisaitl and his FO winning percent of 56% playing C

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Please look at the facts . RNH was on a 60 point pace this year playing centre with scrub winger . He was injured for 18 games . He came back and it took a few games to get back up to speed he was then moved to McDavid wing where he was a great fit . RNH is a responsible 2 way centre and it a bonus he has the hockey IQ to be able to play with one of the best players in the world . Spin it how you want . I posted the facts .

Maybe a better way to judge them if you are going to compare point is by PPG . I do agree that the Wild should keep him going by this thread . Going by the playoff thread it seems that some Wild fans think he is a **** defender that puts up points only . You can go there and read it for yourself . As for the Oilers I do not think they should move RNH . He works well with McDavid and that isn't an easy thing to do . Plus rather have Draisaitl and his FO winning percent of 56% playing C
You posted literallly zero facts.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
[QUOTE="Digitalbooya, post: 144984215, member:

What about RNH makes him more valuable than Zucker? That 80 point pace he did with the most offensively gifted player in the league (which again is just a pace)?[/QUOTE]
The fact that he is a better player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad