Risto v Rielly

Who do you take ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
it's not actually, Sam reinhart vs connor brown thread is a prime example of this

No, no it isn't. Those are two VERY different comparisons. Mainly, one actually happened, and the other one you made up in your head. No Leaf fan thinks Polak is better than Risto. I love how you assume we're dumb.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
No, no it isn't. Those are two VERY different comparisons. Mainly, one actually happened, and the other one you made up in your head. No Leaf fan thinks Polak is better than Risto. I love how you assume we're dumb.

You'll have to forgive him for that thought but I mean, look at the main boards. You don't think a single one of the posters who started all those leaf threads thinks Polak is better than Risto? I bet there is at least one in there somewhere.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
You'll have to forgive him for that thought but I mean, look at the main boards. You don't think a single one of the posters who started all those leaf threads thinks Polak is better than Risto? I bet there is at least one in there somewhere.

I see you also make such assumptions.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I see you also make such assumptions.

Well I would be surprised if you couldn't see that I do given that the entirety of my post was me saying I assume there is at least one person who thinks Polak is better than Risto. I do find it alarming you felt the need to make a post essentially saying "I read your post" though.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Ristolainen and it's not even close. Why we are comparing one of the NHL better defenders to Rielly?

Why do you ever come into threads and talk about the Leafs. You are a well known hater of us, and thats fine, but you just spout off about how bad we are and how great everyone else is in comparison because you just "think" it's the truth.

Who knows how these two will develop, but both players should end up with solid careers.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Rielly, easily. Much more agile and quick with the puck. I kinda like Risto, but he's not where he should be yet and perhaps never will be.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Do we really need a poll everytime there's a discussion? I predict Risto wins this in a landslide and I pick Rielly. People on here are not geniuses in regards to Buffalo predictions.

Babcock is going to Buffalo, their rebuild is years ahead of the Leafs!!! Eichel >>> Matthews! Reinhart >>> Nylander!!!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Rielly is more effective rn, but I’d take Risto for his upside, especially for the Canucks.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Nice to know he can hit, let me know when he learns to do his job and play defence.

Look at how much that beastmode helps his positioning. Great player. Did you see how he went at Kadri after he scored. Man that must really help win you games.

Eh? You mean Kadri went after Ristolainen after he scored? And Kadri werent his guy ;)

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Why do you ever come into threads and talk about the Leafs. You are a well known hater of us, and thats fine, but you just spout off about how bad we are and how great everyone else is in comparison because you just "think" it's the truth.

Who knows how these two will develop, but both players should end up with solid careers.

Why you are bringing Leafs to the conversation? This doesn't have anything to do with the Leafs or my option about them. Two players here and one is significantly better. I really think Risto is one of the better defenders, his performances has been solid even he doesn't get much help at Buffalo and Rielly is not even close to that category. Never talk about Leafs, Rielly just plays there and that was the question, but my option would be exactly same if scenario would be Risto vs Any Jets defender. I really rank Risto high.

Last edited:

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Both are young, both make plenty of mistakes in there own zone. Risto's bigger, tougher, more aggressive. Both are good in the o zone. Reilly skates smoother, but Risto can skate well also especially for his size. Risto's also more aggressive in the O zone which can be good and sometimes bad because he can get caught out of position. Risto has also been trying to carry a bad team on the D side, played in every situation, and seems he's constantly on the ice. Risto's the better D man. Sure there might be stretches where they seem close, but overall Risto is better by a good margin.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
i could put polak vs risto and the poll result would be the exact same
giphy.gif

Reactions: nickdawg95

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rielly's ahead at this point.

Risto plays more minutes, but Rielly plays tougher minutes.

Risto is more physical but Rielly's the much better skater, which is everything in today's game.

Offensively Rielly is much more productive per minute than Risto, at both even strength and the PP, though being on the leafs probably helps that.

Possession wise, Rielly is also much better than Risto, though again playing on the leafs probably helps that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->