RIP VGK scout Mark Workman, 47

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
My first inclination was to say it was l8 we cancer, not lung. So I googled it real quick. Researchers estimate that 25% of liver cancers in the UK are caused by smoking. There are additio nai reasons to quit, of course.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Have a non-smoking friend (IOW never smoked) that was diagnosed with lung cancer. It's been a long haul, but she's gone through hell (figuratively) and is doing great. Has most of her lung capacity/function back (less what was diseased/removed). Went to Congress to testify this summer.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Have a non-smoking friend (IOW never smoked) that was diagnosed with lung cancer. It's been a long haul, but she's gone through hell (figuratively) and is doing great. Has most of her lung capacity/function back (less what was diseased/removed). Went to Congress to testify this summer.

My experience with family members has involved COPD, which kills much more slowly and is irreversible.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
My experience with family members has involved COPD, which kills much more slowly and is irreversible.
It’s pretty awful, no doubt. My mother in law had smoking-related COPD and was down to 9% of her lung capacity. She barely made it to her double-lung transplant (successful), but started smoking again lately - it is crushing. Some people can’t appreciate the gift given to them.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sorry to hear about the loss of this man.

For anyone who wants to quit smoking and who has failed repeatedly (like I had), I recommend consulting your physician about using Chantix. I chain smoked for over 25 years and used Chantix for 16 weeks. It'll be 9 years without a cigarette in June.

Whoever the lead developers were for Chantix, I owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->