WWE: RIP "Outlaw" Ron Bass (68)

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
hqdefault.jpg

"Outlaw" Ron Bass, who wrestled from 1971 to 1989, and had a prominent run in the WWF, has died in Florida. He had been hospitalized last week with an apparent burst appendix, and died on Tuesday.

A physically big man -- 6-foot-4 and 290 pounds or so -- Ron Herd went into pro wrestling in 1971.

"I just did it the hard way, starting independents. My first area that I really worked was Mobile, for the Fields brothers," he said in a 2006 interview. In the Gulf Coast territory run by the Fields, he was dubbed Ron Bass, a brother or cousin to the likes of Sam Bass or Don Bass, along with the mastermind Ma Bass.

Full article: http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2017/03/07/22708999.html

Since we're now up to four passings on the front page, can we do a RIP thread instead of doing a thread for each wrestler? We have a similar thread over in History Of Hockey where each player is indexed in the OP.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
They usually don't happen this quickly, however since most of the regulars from the 80s (that are still alive) are getting into their lat 60s early 70s we may get a few bunched up like this.

I think a general thread for each is still good to have. (Unless you are talking about continuing to have a thread for each but indexing them in a general thread to keep track of who passed on the year?)

Anyways the only real angle I remember from Ron Bass was when he cut Beefcake with his spur. Mostly because it was replayed before the PPV (Survivor Series?) with a big red 'X' and the word Censored over it.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
They usually don't happen this quickly, however since most of the regulars from the 80s (that are still alive) are getting into their lat 60s early 70s we may get a few bunched up like this.

I think a general thread for each is still good to have. (Unless you are talking about continuing to have a thread for each but indexing them in a general thread to keep track of who passed on the year?)

Anyways the only real angle I remember from Ron Bass was when he cut Beefcake with his spur. Mostly because it was replayed before the PPV (Survivor Series?) with a big red 'X' and the word Censored over it.

Same. I remember watching him wrestle a lot, but just beating down jobbers otherwise.

x240-c1s.jpg

RIP

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Actually, it was Summer Slam.

This left the Honky Tonk Man without an opponent.

So, Honky went to the ring and said,

"Get me somebody out here to wrestle, I don't care who it is."

Then this happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad