15. NY Islanders - Kyle Chipchura (C)
16. Nashville - Dave Bolland (C/W)
17. St Louis - Marek Schwarz (G)
18. Montreal - Boris Valabik (D)
19. Calgary - Devan Dubnyk (G)*
20. Dallas - Sami Lepisto (D)
21. Colorado - Johan Fransson (D)
22. New Jersey - Wes O'Neil (D)
23. Edmonton (from Philadelphia) - Vaclav Meidl (C)
24. Vancouver - Adam Berti (LW)*
25. Ottawa - David Shantz (G)
26. NY Rangers (from Toronto) - Andrej Meszaros (D)
27. Washington (from Boston) - Mike Green (D)
28. San Jose - Lukas Kaspar (LW)
29. Tampa Bay - Bryan Bickell (LW)*
30. Washington (from Detroit) - Enver Lisin (RW)

* I've made some changes - man, I can sit hear and rethink every pick and still make some more changes :help: thats it no more changes from me, I think it's OK the way it is

Last edited:

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I also after reading more would rather believe that the Kings will either try and deal up to get Schremp/Tukonen or draw if available Stafford.

Taylor loves the NCAA center and the Kings have not a single top line potential center in their system.

I have been "speaking" with some people who have a very solid understanding of the Kings and what they will be looking for this offseason and they seem to think that the Kings are going to go after Garon/Gerber and a couple of other goalies and that they will be looking to get a top notch young center as their first priority.

I would look to them to either draft Stafford or deal up like we said for a center then to draft a goalie.

I also wanted to add that even though I reckoned that the Kings would draft Montoya (taylors type) that I have heard that if the Kings were going to draft a goalie that they would go after Schwarz hard well before Montoya.

Schwarz plays for a team that is owned by the Kings owner Anshutz and they have the absolute book on him and know how grand he is were what I heard.

So there you go. I like the draft though. I just have to wonder if based on everything I have heard that the Kings won't either trade the pick or draft a center.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Now WTF would the Flames draft ANOTHER defensemen first round. Our defense looks like the following:

Leopold
Regher
Phaneuf
Ramholt
Warrener
Lydman
Gauthier
Ference
Montador
Commodore
Wallin

Doesn't make sense to me to list them taking ANOTHER defensemen. :dunno:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Now WTF would the Flames draft ANOTHER defensemen first round. Our defense looks like the following:

Leopold
Regher
Phaneuf
Ramholt
Warrener
Lydman
Gauthier
Ference
Montador
Commodore
Wallin

I was kinda iffy on that one - Calgary should prob take a forward or a goalie at the same time I think they would take the next best available player...
I think at Forward - Adam Berti and at Goal - Devan Dubnyk

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
I was kinda iffy on that one - Calgary should prob take a forward or a goalie at the same time I think they would take the next best available player...
I think at Forward - Adam Berti and at Goal - Devan Dubnyk

If anything we need a scoring forward. Goaltending we are decent with the addition of Kipper this year.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
If anything we need a scoring forward. Goaltending we are decent with the addition of Kipper this year.

I agree, although you should consider this - Kipper is gonna be 28 next year and has ONLY proven himself in half a season and now in these playoffs... I like Kipper, I like him ALOT, just don't sell the farm cuz you think he'll do it year in and year out.

Keep in mind he has been around the North American game for 4 or 5 years now and has only played in 85 NHL regular season games (38 of them this season in Calgary) he has played great this year, but alot of goalies have had a great year and never heard from again (does Jim Carey ring a bell, even one of your own, Turek - 42 wins in St. Louis in 1999-00 and then just average hockey since)

I can't see any of the goalies in the Flames system (Sabourin, Krahn, Medvedev) being a number one in this league... I guess you can always draft a goalie in the second round - I just think they need a great goalie prospect in their system, FAST!

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site

Leopold
Regher
Phaneuf
Ramholt
Warrener
Lydman
Gauthier
Ference
Montador
Commodore
Wallin

I don't see why they'd pass on a defenseman if he were the best player available. You've listed every defenseman in the entire organisation--11 of them--excluding ECHL fodder like Evans and Engelland. If they had an AHL affiliate, which they don't, they would be hard pressed to ice a complete blueline. The Flames could use help at every position, except maybe goal (but even then Sutter says they'll take a goalie if he's the BPA). The Flames currently don't have a whole lot of picks in this draft, but I would expect them to draft a couple of rearguards with those few picks.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
It must be the 10th time I see the Montreal Canadiens landing Boris Valabik at 18th overall. While I agree the Habs do need depth on defense, and a good stay-at-home defenseman with huge size would be great, I am still a little concerned about what I read about him. I'm worried about Valabik's offensive upside. Someone in an article for Hockey's Future website said he would post numbers a la Ivan Majesky, and that's not really encouraging to say the least... is there any truth to that? What kind of numbers will he most likely post at the NHL level?

Thanks for any kind of info on him!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
HiggsFan said:
It must be the 10th time I see the Montreal Canadiens landing Boris Valabik at 18th overall. While I agree the Habs do need depth on defense, and a good stay-at-home defenseman with huge size would be great, I am still a little concerned about what I read about him. I'm worried about Valabik's offensive upside. Someone in an article for Hockey's Future website said he would post numbers a la Ivan Majesky, and that's not really encouraging to say the least... is there any truth to that? What kind of numbers will he most likely post at the NHL level?

Thanks for any kind of info on him!

Well I've liked what I've seen from Valabik, but his upside would be very hard to say, as I think he is still very raw. That said he's huge, skates well, hits and hits often, will drop the gloves, and seems solid in his own end. I agree his offensive game looks less then stellar, but if he can be a tough physical shut down defensemen, the Habs would be happy. I do think they have a similar player to Valabik, in Ryan O'Byrne. He may not have the upside of Valabik and his offensive game was a no show in his freshmen year, but he's close to the same size and also plays a physical game and his overall game is still very raw as well.

I wounldn't mind if we get Valabik, Fransson, Hedman, Graham, Picard,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad