Rimouski vs. Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
5-3 now .. Halifax dominated the 2nd.
But Crosby pulled a Mario Lemieux move.. incredible.
He beat 2 defenceman alone to be alone in front of the goaler.
It was like the famous goal of Mario vs the North stars

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Rimouski wins 5-4 and leads 3-0 in the series. I think it's safe to say at this point that we'll get the long anticipated Rimouski-London match up at the memorial cup.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
well looks like Rimouski takes it 3-0, why is there another thread exactly titled Rmouski vs. Halifax? Stealing my thunder eh?

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
FUDGE!!! I wish I would've caught this sooner.

Are any of the next games being webcast on eastlink?

Thanks
And you missed Churchill's return to the starting job. :clap: ;)

Played pretty solidly, save the first ten minutes of the game. But with that powerplay, there is little hope for anyone. Huge stop on a Crosby breakaway, made a few more decent saves at opportune times.

But the four-spot at the start made his performance look worse than it was. Didn't play bad enough to play himself out of starting next game, so should be interesting to see if he gets the start again tomorrow.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Dissappointing loss for Halifax. Unfortunately, the team with the best goals against in the regular season has completely forgotten what team defense is. Rimouski is good, but we can beat them. But only if the defense steps up, which hasn't happened.

As for Churchill, I agree. Aside from the first period, he played a pretty solid game. The two Crosby goals were a joke, seeing as the Halifax players left him wide open both times. You'd think they'd have learned by now. The Scalzo goal was a nice shot and I don't blame Church on that one. In the third period he made some key saves to keep Halifax in it, especially a few Crosby breakaways in the third.

IMO though, it wouldn't matter what goalie Halifax put in nets, as long as the team ignores it's defensive responsibilities, Rimouski will score at will.

I hope Halifax will pull a comeback out of their hats, but unfortunately I have a feeling a win for them tomorrow just means a Rimouski celebration on home ice. Man I hate Rimouski. :rant: :shakehead

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rimouski was seriously running out of gas in the last 10 minutes of the game. They went with 2 - 3 lines the whole game and some shifts seemed long. It would not have been an upset/surprise if Halifax had tied it and then won in OT. Then the series would have been 2-1 with Rimouski facing another road game in less than 24 hrs with the top end of the team tired and probably somewhat beat up.

I don't think Rimouski can play that way again tomorrow. They have to lengthen the bench even if it means they lose the fourth game. They certainly couldn't afford to have lost the last one. The Moose were a hairs breadth from being right back in the series.

I expect a rope-a-dope game from Rimouski next game with Halifax probably winning and Rimouski winning it all at home with a full tank of gas and likely again a shortened bench.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
pei fan said:
Hey Buddy where have you been?I thought maybe you skipped town. :dunno: Nice to see you hanging on to that last piece of thread.Keep up the hope buddy!

By my estimates you should have that beer ready as early as Tuesday.Remember
I drink the expensive imported stuff and I like it chilled. :D

pei fan, I saved you the trouble of diggin' this up tomorrow night.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=125204&page=2&pp=40&highlight=beer

Post 46. I'm torn between Keith's or a Corona.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Le Golie said:
pei fan, I saved you the trouble of diggin' this up tomorrow night.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=125204&page=2&pp=40&highlight=beer

Post 46. I'm torn between Keith's or a Corona.
Thanks Buddy,I like the expensive imported stuff myself. :D
I traveled to halifax last night and what a game.Crosby is playing at a different
level than since the last time I've seen him live and you can't get it all from watching him on TV as alot of his great play has to do with anticipation and his play away from the puck so you appreciate more by watching the entire ice.
His speed has improved and I would say he is going to have above average
NHL speed along with what I think will be the best acceleration.His strength
fighting for the puck along the boards is pretty awesome.

As for the Nics they are weak on defense/goalie but Desjardin can get hot at
times.They are not deep and seem to fade late in the game.IMO Pouliot is
very inconsistent and really slacks late in the game also hogs the puck at
times when he's got some great open linemates. Halifax is a deep
team but no real superstars but alot of stars.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Why are they booing Crosby?
Because the Halifax fanbase finally realized that they should be cheering their team more than the opposition, particularly in the league finals. ;)

Assuming they win tonight, his ovations will be back in abundance. And deservedly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->