Rimouski vs. Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
man, this is a final and Halifax is humiliated... Rimouski is so strong that everybody is intimidated. The only team that can stop them is London, IMO

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
Hey Boys,

Ask the Calgary Hitmen......a blow out in Game 1 means absolutely nothing.....remember 10-1 in Game one against Brandon....means nothing now does it?

Unbiased Canadian

you are right, but in this case: it's not like it's anything new for Rimouski.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Unbiased Canadian said:
Hey Boys,

Ask the Calgary Hitmen......a blow out in Game 1 means absolutely nothing.....remember 10-1 in Game one against Brandon....means nothing now does it?

Unbiased Canadian

Rimouski has lost one game since New Year's and you still dog Crosby's crew? Anything can happen, but do you honestly believe that Rimouski is going lose this series. 8-1 after 2 periods in a final series is a massive blowout. This isn't the quarter finals here.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Still, seems like Halifax is trying to put up a fight. It's now 8-4. Of course this game is not at reach but it's encouraging for them for tomorrow game.

With that said, they wont come even close to stand a chance in this serie if they try to win 5-4 games...

Erngueva

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
BIG game for Habs prospect Danny Stewart, 5pts.

But his 2 goals was a gift by Churchill. One that he scored from behind the net, the other was a weak shot on a PP. Anyway, 5 pts is still a great performance.

Last edited:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
Hey Boys,

Unbiased Canadian
Hey Buddy where have you been?I thought maybe you skipped town. :dunno: Nice to see you hanging on to that last piece of thread.Keep up the hope buddy!

By my estimates you should have that beer ready as early as Tuesday.Remember
I drink the expensive imported stuff and I like it chilled. :D

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
oh boy, yes they are.

They played a very clean game in the first one. But the second was a disgrace. When their talent failed to match with Rimouski's they started boarding, checking from behind, slashing and hacking their way to PK after PK. And they could have got twice as many penalities as they got.

I have nothing against good clean hits but checking your opponent from behind into the boards head first (which happened at least 3-4 times) and the slashes on the forearms (countless) I have a lot of difficulty accepting. I hate to start the have some respect for your opponent McGuire rant but there's just no need for this in hockey.

At the end of the 3rd, when Picard hit Stewart from behind when he was a few feet away from the board and that Stewart got up and speared him, I surprisingly found myself applauding Stewart's gut buster move. At last, one of the nics player got tired of that crap and gave some love back.

If this keeps up, by the time this series is over the nics won't be in any shape to play London. It would be a shame if Halifax made it impossible for Rimouski to win the memorial cup because of their dirty plays and cheapshots.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
E = CH² said:
They played a very clean game in the first one. But the second was a disgrace. When their talent failed to match with Rimouski's they started boarding, checking from behind, slashing and hacking their way to PK after PK. And they could have got twice as many penalities as they got.

I have nothing against good clean hits but checking your opponent from behind into the boards head first (which happened at least 3-4 times) and the slashes on the forearms (countless) I have a lot of difficulty accepting. I hate to start the have some respect for your opponent McGuire rant but there's just no need for this in hockey.

At the end of the 3rd, when Picard hit Stewart from behind when he was a few feet away from the board and that Stewart got up and speared him, I surprisingly found myself applauding Stewart's gut buster move. At last, one of the nics player got tired of that crap and gave some love back.

If this keeps up, by the time this series is over the nics won't be in any shape to play London. It would be a shame if Halifax made it impossible for Rimouski to win the memorial cup because of their dirty plays and cheapshots.

You've got to be ****ting me. You write two posts complaining about Halifax being dirty, then use an instance where a nic player spears a Mooshead in the balls as proof that they are dirty? The Picard "hit" wasn't a dangerous hit, he crosschecked him in the back lick often happens along the boards. Enough to cause Stewart to be pissed and possibly instigate a fight? Sure. To turn around a spear someone in the balls? That was a total ***** move and deserved a game misconduct.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
E = CH² said:

You mean every time the Moosehead score the refs calling penalties so Crosby and unit score? The refs are extremely biased towards Rimouski.....WHAT A SURPRISE. The Rimouski team looked like the Czech under 18 team. If Halifax doesn't beat them in this series I hope they beat them so much phyically that they can't compete at the memorial cup. Can't wait to see Rimouski against a team with defense. Weber will eat half those players alive.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
You mean every time the Moosehead score the refs calling penalties so Crosby and unit score? The refs are extremely biased towards Rimouski.....WHAT A SURPRISE. The Rimouski team looked like the Czech under 18 team. If Halifax doesn't beat them in this series I hope they beat them so much phyically that they can't compete at the memorial cup. Can't wait to see Rimouski against a team with defense. Weber will eat half those players alive.

Come on Jason,you know better than that.The game should have been over in
the first period if everything was called against the moose that should have been.
Yes there was blindness the other way as well but the Moose definetly got away
with more.Q refs generally are pretty crappy.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Anyone else barely able to contain themselves in expectation of Rimouski vs. London in Memorial Cup?

I wish I could see those games, I'm willing to bet they are much better hockey than these sucky world championship games.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
pei fan said:
Come on Jason,you know better than that.The game should have been over in
the first period if everything was called against the moose that should have been.
Yes there was blindness the other way as well but the Moose definetly got away
with more.Q refs generally are pretty crappy.

Pretty hard to tell what the Moose got away with when Rimouski players were flying all over the place looking to draw calls. Just the timeing of the calls were at the worst time for the moosehead. When they got momentum a penalty was called then Rimouski scores.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:

Given the fact that the nics players were decidely overmatched physically, I don't think they could stand much of a chance if they did not occasionally serve the opposing team's players a lesson. I'm not saying I condone it, I'm just saying that you won't get away easily crosschecking their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad