Rimouski vs. Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
The advantage goes to Rimouski of course, Crosby coming off an impressive 4 game performance against Zagrapan, Lascek, Boisclair, Desharnais,et al. to clinch the series against Chicoutimi but I think Jeremy Duschesne's play has been nothing less than stellar this post-season, he might pull off a Corey crawford on rimouski this year. Anyway, I anxiously await the outcome of this series, for all I know it could be lopsided in rimouski's favour.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
The advantage goes to Rimouski of course, Crosby coming off an impressive 4 game performance against Zagrapan, Lascek, Boisclair, Desharnais,et al. to clinch the series against Chicoutimi but I think Jeremy Duschesne's play has been nothing less than stellar this post-season, he might pull off a Corey crawford on rimouski this year. Anyway, I anxiously await the outcome of this series, for all I know it could be lopsided in rimouski's favour.

i think halifax is a more complete TEAM than rimouski, and was my pick to win the Q along with Moncton. A hot goalie can do a lot in a situation like this.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It's going to be a very good series. Halifax could definately knock Rimouski out, but I hope not.

The Joker*

I hope Rimouski wins so we can see the fully anticipatted Rimouski vs London in the Memorial Cup

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Rimouski has far more firepower but I think Halifax has a much deeper squad, it'll be a good series, I live about an hour from Halifax so i'm hoping ot get in for a few games. I'll be rooting for the Mooseheads but if I had to put money on it i'd say The Oceanic take the series in 6 or 7.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've noticed that Sharrow has been playing well (points wise) for Halifax in the playoffs. Can anyone offer some further insight?

PEli*

Rabid Ranger said:
I've noticed that Sharrow has been playing well (points wise) for Halifax in the playoffs. Can anyone offer some further insight?

He's been huge on the powerplay and has made a ton of good defensive moves. He's making strides this year. Big ones. I used to cry when he touched the puck but he's become smarter.

Anyway, to anybody hoping to get tickets to the game, you aren't sitting in the lower bowl. Bobby Smith, the massive *********, has allowed season ticket holders who STILL haven't renewed for playoffs to purchase their packages for the finals and tickets don't go on sale to the rest of us peasants until Tuesday morning.

Good ****ing luck. I'll see you in the last row of the lower bowl.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
How good is Halifax D? Has a whole and can anyone describe each one one by one. I know they have Picard, Sharrow, McCauley, Beaulieu, are they has good has they say or its just the team playing really defensive that make them so good defensivly?

Whats the pairing and who is the best and worst of the team?

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Rimouski goalie hasnt been bad either. Except for the only lost in 2005, he have been pretty good against Chicoutimi, received a lot of shoots. His level of confidence must be very high right now and i dont expect him to failed now.

Moncton is a good team and could win. Containing Crosby "could be" the key but the problem is, there's not a single team that know how to do it nights in nights out. Chicoutime hold him to nothing and won game 4, Crosby scores 4 goals the game after...

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Anksun said:
Rimouski goalie hasnt been bad either. Except for the only lost in 2005, he have been pretty good against Chicoutimi, received a lot of shoots. His level of confidence must be very high right now and i dont expect him to failed now.

Moncton is a good team and could win. Containing Crosby "could be" the key but the problem is, there's not a single team that know how to do it nights in nights out. Chicoutime hold him to nothing and won game 4, Crosby scores 4 goals the game after...

I disagree here. I don't think Moncton has much of a chance to win, but hey, you never know.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
excellent point! :shakehead

Dont even know why i wrote Moncton. Anyways what i wrote was about Halifax.

And i should have put the COULD in bold, my opinion is they wont win this one. But they have a more defensive team then the others Rimouski's challengers since the beginning of the playoffs and the serie "COULD" be different.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
How good is Halifax D? Has a whole and can anyone describe each one one by one. I know they have Picard, Sharrow, McCauley, Beaulieu, are they has good has they say or its just the team playing really defensive that make them so good defensivly?

Whats the pairing and who is the best and worst of the team?

Pairings are:

Picard - MacDonald
Sharrow - MacAuley
Beaulieu - Brault/Lomanno

Allowed the least amount of goals in the reg season. All are mobile, good with the puck and make good decisions. The Halifax forwards is what contributes to the great defensive play. A lot of good 2 way players on the team.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think that Rimouski will walk through Halifax and put the town on fire as long as The Moosehead players don't try to injure the big guns like Cabana did in the beginning of the season. I fear a dirty, physical series.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Macho Man said:
I think that Rimouski will walk through Halifax and put the town on fire as long as The Moosehead players don't try to injure the big guns like Cabana did in the beginning of the season. I fear a dirty, physical series.

Nielson speared Verge. RIM is the dirtier team.

But I guess when you touch the meal ticket people take notice.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
An interesting angle to this series is that both teams had mid year coaching
changes and both have had dramatically improved records since(nics more so
than the moose).Labonte is an excellent strategist and a very expressive type
of coach whereas MacAdam is more of a one on one player coach and is pretty
quiet behind the bench.Although there are a number of factors for the Nics
improved play I think MacAdam deserves alot of credit for the Mooses surge.

Also:
If the Nics can win the first 2 games at home then it will be tough for the Moose
to get back in it because of the Crosby hometown factor.Some of the Halifax
fans will have divided loyalties and if it looks like the Nic's are going to win anyways it wouldn't surprise me if he get's some fan support which could be fairly
de-moralizing to the moose.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
An interesting angle to this series is that both teams had mid year coaching
changes and both have had dramatically improved records since(nics more so
than the moose).Labonte is an excellent strategist and a very expressive type
of coach whereas MacAdam is more of a one on one player coach and is pretty
quiet behind the bench.Although there are a number of factors for the Nics
improved play I think MacAdam deserves alot of credit for the Mooses surge.

Also:
If the Nics can win the first 2 games at home then it will be tough for the Moose
to get back in it because of the Crosby hometown factor.Some of the Halifax
fans will have divided loyalties and if it looks like the Nic's are going to win anyways it wouldn't surprise me if he get's some fan support which could be fairly
de-moralizing to the moose.

Dont need to worry about the "Crosby Bunnies" as much because the season ticket holders have snapped up extra tickets and casual fans will be relegated to the upper upper bowl :)

Thank god!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
Dont need to worry about the "Crosby Bunnies" as much because the season ticket holders have snapped up extra tickets and casual fans will be relegated to the upper upper bowl :)

Thank god!

Some season ticket holders will still cheer for Sid.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
And I think my point is valid that it may start to lean that way if the Nics win the first 2 and start out strong in the 3rd.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:

If they do they are Pejorative Slured.

We all LIKE Crosby, we are all PROUD of the kid but the playoffs are a war.

The only reason they cheered him here last game was because he put on a clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->