Rimouski undefeated in 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Not the London Knights, but not bad, a season high for the Q. Coincides with the return of Sid and the trade for Mario Scalzo Jr. They have not lost a game with Mario in the line-up and he's getting something like 2 points per game. Any reports on this guy?

Also how is Rimouski's goaltending lately?

Is Unbiased Canadian still offering us all beers if Rimouski makes it to the Memorial Cup? :D

Last edited:

Reilly311

This board really needs a Junior Hockey forum.

edit: lolz, "London Nights". Sounds like a romantic comedy.

Reilly311

19bruins19 said:
Isn't there one already?

sar·casm

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Vic Rattlehead*

Reilly311 said:
sar·casm

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

:mad:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Reilly311 said:
This board really needs a Junior Hockey forum.

edit: lolz, "London Nights". Sounds like a romantic comedy.

Fixed it thanks. Anything on Scalzo? :dunno:

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I dont know anything about the Q, but I have prayed alot for Rimouski to make it to the MEM CUP.... I have front row tickets to EVERY GAME :yo: :yo:

I know there are a few other really good teams in the Q, what is Rimouskis chances of making to the mem cup

I dont think they have the goaltending or defence, but you just never know. Crosby could become a legend in the Q if he can carry that team on his back to the cup.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rimouski has a good shot at making it to the memorial cup. They have been on fire lately. Moncton and Chicoutimi on the other hand have been slipping. Halifax is a contender but Rimouski pounded us last time they played here. Quebec is also another team with a good chance to win the league but they are on a losing streak as well. It's going to come down to one of these five teams but it's hard to tell right now which team has the advantage. I think Moncton will make it to the memorial cup just because they have the best goaltending out of these five teams.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Moncton has played awful since Christmas, but one thing you need to keep in mind is they have been missing three of their four top scorers for parts of that time (all three are down right now).

And their 20 year old defenceman, who would be #3 on the depth chart is down.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gangstajerome said:
10 streak yes, but can Rimouski possibly take out London (if they made it that far) ?????????

I dont think Rimosuki is built for the playoffs. However, if they make it to the Mem Cup they will be hard to beat because of the offense.

The reason I dont think RIM is built for the playoffs is because they have 5 guys who play 90% of the minutes up front. By the 3rd round these guys will need Intervenus between shifts.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Is that 10 games ‘undefeated’ or 10 straight wins(far more impressive)

Ties are nice for points, but the other team also gets a point in a tie(even with a OTL)

That’s a lot to put on one person especially since offence is only half the game.

Surly their D and goaltending can’t be as bad as some make it out to be?

Strong teams all-round might be problematic for Crosby and his cohorts, London is the host team in the Memorial Cup and will be in it regardless.

Rimouski has to win 4 games in the Q playoffs just to make the Memorial Cup, then they will be facing league champions from the OHL and the WHL + host(or in the possibility of London being the champs, the team they(London) faced to win the OHL championship)

After all of those tough teams you faced you still have the final battle to contend for the Cup itself, good luck.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
alecfromtherock said:
Is that 10 games ‘undefeated’ or 10 straight wins(far more impressive)

Ties are nice for points, but the other team also gets a point in a tie(even with a OTL)

That’s a lot to put on one person especially since offence is only half the game.

Surly their D and goaltending can’t be as bad as some make it out to be?

Strong teams all-round might be problematic for Crosby and his cohorts, London is the host team in the Memorial Cup and will be in it regardless.

Rimouski has to win 4 games in the Q playoffs just to make the Memorial Cup, then they will be facing league champions from the OHL and the WHL + host(or in the possibility of London being the champs, the team they(London) faced to win the OHL championship)

After all of those tough teams you faced you still have the final battle to contend for the Cup itself, good luck.

9 wins and 1 tie.

Every team goes through ups and downs. Rimosuki is an up right now. Do I think they will be a tough team to face in the playoffs? Yes. Do I think they will win the league? No.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It will be interesting to see Rimouski in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how Crosby can lead a team during a grinding playoff run.

I think they have a pretty good chance at making an appearance, but ultimately London looks to have the Memorial Cup locked up, even before considering the home ice advantage.

PEli*

Rimouski will not be among the four teams fighting for the Memorial Cup. Their defense is as bad as people say and they did nothing to fix any goaltending problems at the deadline. People were watching Rimouski to see what type of defensemen they'd add and they add Scalzo. No offense to Scalzo but he's not the player that blueline needs. Not...at...all.

I'd say that Moncton, Chicoutimi and maybe Halifax could beat Rimouski in a seven game series. Based on Rimouski's goaltending and defense alone.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
PEli said:
Rimouski will not be among the four teams fighting for the Memorial Cup. Their defense is as bad as people say and they did nothing to fix any goaltending problems at the deadline. People were watching Rimouski to see what type of defensemen they'd add and they add Scalzo. No offense to Scalzo but he's not the player that blueline needs. Not...at...all.

I'd say that Moncton, Chicoutimi and maybe Halifax could beat Rimouski in a seven game series. Based on Rimouski's goaltending and defense alone.

Why not at all?

PEli*

Crosbyfan said:
Why not at all?

Coulombe, Sersen, JM Bolduc, F Bolduc, Tremblay, Blom and Bona. Which one knows how to play a level of defense good enough for the Memorial Cup?

Then, to top that list off, you add ANOTHER offensive defenseman in Scalzo Jr. It wasn't required. This team needed somebody to take the pressure off JMB. Not somebody who can score.

Rimouski adding Scalzo is like the Devils adding Turco. Why bother?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
PEli said:
Coulombe, Sersen, JM Bolduc, F Bolduc, Tremblay, Blom and Bona. Which one knows how to play a level of defense good enough for the Memorial Cup?

Then, to top that list off, you add ANOTHER offensive defenseman in Scalzo Jr. It wasn't required. This team needed somebody to take the pressure off JMB. Not somebody who can score.

Thank-you. I thought that was what you were getting at but I didn't really know. I had assumed Rimouski would have been after a solid defenceman but then the points started racking up. I will say you can never have too much offence although the playoffs tend to be defence oriented. Run n' Gun only works with a significant advantage and even then not always.

That said, it is an interesting move. Even tight checking games may open up and Rimouski could "steal" a few games with spurts of offence.

Alex126

Sep 23, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site

Because they got 9 wins and 1 tie since the Scalzo trade. They scored 61 goals (6.1 per games) and alloued 21 (2.1 gpg). Before then they average 4.1 goals per game and 3.9 goals again. Scalzo himself scores 23 pts in 10 games. This his a very very very good and wise move by Doris Labonté. One of the better in the Océanic history.

Other stats during this sequence:

Crosby got 18 goals and 16 assists for 34 pts in 9 games (+20). 4 consecutives winning goal for a total of 5. 3 shorthands goals.
Cédrick Desjardins is 8-0-0 with a 1.75 GA.and a .945 Saving %.
They beat Moncton twice, Halifax and Chicoutimi (2) who are the top 3 teams in the league by a total score of 33-14 in 5 games.
Marc-Antoine Pouliot 8-13-21 +17.
Mario Scalzo 4-19-23 +20. Pat Coulombe +18.
They score 18 goals and alloued just 1 in 2 consecutive games again Moncton and Bathurst (the only goal came with about 2 minutes to play in the third period).
Power play was terrific with 22 goals in 49 chances for 45% (21,9% before and 26% now) plus 5 shorthands goals.

:yo: :handclap:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I dont think Rimosuki is built for the playoffs. However, if they make it to the Mem Cup they will be hard to beat because of the offense.

The reason I dont think RIM is built for the playoffs is because they have 5 guys who play 90% of the minutes up front. By the 3rd round these guys will need Intervenus between shifts.

Totally agree with you !!!
It will be a five team battle with Moncton, Chicoutimi, Halifax and Quebec(if they wake up) and like you say, the other team have more balance than the Nics...
But ... I certainly hope to see them a the mem cup, cause in a four game tournament ... Do Crosby-Pouliot-Roussin could play 40 min in a game ? ;)

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Alex126 said:
Because they got 9 wins and 1 tie since the Scalzo trade. They scored 61 goals (6.1 per games) and alloued 21 (2.1 gpg). Before then they average 4.1 goals per game and 3.9 goals again. Scalzo himself scores 23 pts in 10 games. This his a very very very good and wise move by Doris Labonté. One of the better in the Océanic history.

Other stats during this sequence:

Crosby got 18 goals and 16 assists for 34 pts in 9 games (+20). 4 consecutives winning goal for a total of 5. 3 shorthands goals.
Cédrick Desjardins is 8-0-0 with a 1.75 GA.and a .945 Saving %.
They beat Moncton twice, Halifax and Chicoutimi (2) who are the top 3 teams in the league by a total score of 33-14 in 5 games.
Marc-Antoine Pouliot 8-13-21 +17.
Mario Scalzo 4-19-23 +20. Pat Coulombe +18.
They score 18 goals and alloued just 1 in 2 consecutive games again Moncton and Bathurst (the only goal came with about 2 minutes to play in the third period).
Power play was terrific with 22 goals in 49 chances for 45% (21,9% before and 26% now) plus 5 shorthands goals.

:yo: :handclap:

Haven't see a game with Scalzo, but they surley play him and Coulombe at the blue line on the PP, and that move Crosby up front with Pouliot and Roussin... I think their PP will continue to terrify the league for the rest of the season.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:

Come on La La you know that's not even close to beig true even if you said 6 guys.
But think about how crazy your scenario would be -5 guys-how the heck could
that even be done?Is Crosby playing 54 minutes a game?Your hatred of the nics
really clouds your judgement.

Last edited:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
PEli said:

Michael Sersen is more than adequate as a defensive d-man. Of course, your point remains the same, they didn't NEED Scalzo. Now, with that said, they HAVE kicked the crap out of every team they're played since, including every single top team in the league, so we probably shouldn't be sitting here trashing them.

Did the Scalzo deal make sense? Nope.

Has it worked so far? Uh huh.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
Come on La La you know that's not even close to beig true even if you said 6 guys.
But think about how crazy your scenario would be -5 guys-how the heck could
that even be done?Is Crosby playing 54 minutes a game?Your hatred of the nics
really clouds your judgement.

Roussin
Crosby
Pouliot
Stewart
Hrdel

Those 5 forwards play a crap load!!

First of all you mis understood what i said. Crosby playing 54 minutes?? NO but he plays half the game. 5-6 forwards get 90% of the icetime AT FORWARD. Which means every 2nd shift.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Roussin
Crosby
Pouliot
Stewart
Hrdel

Those 5 forwards play a crap load!!

First of all you mis understood what i said. Crosby playing 54 minutes?? NO but he plays half the game. 5-6 forwards get 90% of the icetime AT FORWARD. Which means every 2nd shift.
No, I don't think I miss understood you.If it was
just 5,then at least 1 of the 1st line would have to play with the second line.But
besides that go look at the boxscores.Tobin is playing regular with Hrdel and Stewart . Cote's line is playing a regular 3rd shift.The boxscores of the last
several games show he's taking as many faceoffs as the other centers.They
do not have a regular 4th line but they do let a mix of others on the ice.

Lala did you know Charette has 39 pts.Did he get those on the bench?
We know Neilson also plays regular.So how about we modify it .9 guys get
90% of the forward icetime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad