Rimouski oceanic team to watch for 07 08 09 draft

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
2007 draft: max gratchev (21th ISS) olivier fortier (41th ISS) David Skokan (43th ISS) Maxime tanguay (146th ISS) Marc-andre Laroche (148th ISS)

2008 draft Patrice cormier (19th iss) philippe cornet (25th iss) alexandre neron (46th iss) and 2009 draft Jordan caron is a late 90born dont know his ranking for 2009 draft

Last edited by a moderator:

rollon

Jun 7, 2005
2007 draft: max gratchev (21th ISS) olivier fortier (41th ISS) David Skokan (43th ISS) Maxime tanguay (146th ISS) Marc-andre Laroche (148th ISS)

The Dman Philippe Garnier is 23th in best prospects of the LHJMQ for the next draft.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I know they're struggling but how is Frolik playing? I've seen his stats and he went through a bit of a slump it seemed, not really scoring any points for a 3 or 4 game stretch or something like that but then I just saw him put up 3 assists a couple days ago and then another goal in their last loss. How has he been looking for them?

turnbuckle*

Gratchev ranked in the first round? Huh. He has some skill, but first round is an awful stretch given his timidity. Most scouts don't see his game translating well to the pros.

IMO Skokan and Tanguay are the top players to watch on that team for the 2007 draft, but there are certainly four or five Oceanique that could go in the top four rounds. There'll be lots of scouting making the long trek to Rimouski this season.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gratchev ranked in the first round? Huh. He has some skill, but first round is an awful stretch given his timidity. Most scouts don't see his game translating well to the pros.

IMO Skokan and Tanguay are the top players to watch on that team for the 2007 draft, but there are certainly four or five Oceanique that could go in the top four rounds. There'll be lots of scouting making the long trek to Rimouski this season.

Agreed on Gratchev...Tanguay disappears when it gets rought though...

Skokan...he plays physical, hes a good skater but he has no hands.

I think all 3 will be drafted but id be shocked if any of them go before the 60th pick.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What style of defensemen is Garnier?

2-way. His offensive game is pretty surprising considering in Midget he was more of a stay-at-home style guy.

He has good size, he skates well, plays physical. He could be one of those 4th round picks that no ones really heard of but he turns into a great prospect.

turnbuckle*

Agreed on Gratchev...Tanguay disappears when it gets rought though...

Skokan...he plays physical, hes a good skater but he has no hands.

I think all 3 will be drafted but id be shocked if any of them go before the 60th pick.

I figure that as well, although I had a scout tell me this morning that Tanguay is a possible first round pick. i had another scout tell me Tanguay is a second round pick "and that's it."

Agreed that Tanguay's not an aggressive player, but his skating skills have him slated for the top two rounds at this point.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I figure that as well, although I had a scout tell me this morning that Tanguay is a possible first round pick. i had another scout tell me Tanguay is a second round pick "and that's it."

Agreed that Tanguay's not an aggressive player, but his skating skills have him slated for the top two rounds at this point.

Thats the weird thing...he isnt a good skater. Ive seen multiple scouting publications cite his "blazing speed". The guy isnt a very fast skater in my opinion. He is more of a PM Bouchard type of skater. He gets there but he's not blazing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2-way. His offensive game is pretty surprising considering in Midget he was more of a stay-at-home style guy.

He has good size, he skates well, plays physical. He could be one of those 4th round picks that no ones really heard of but he turns into a great prospect.

Thanks sounds good. Do you think Maxim Noreau will get drafted this summer? I don't know if I'll get to see Victo play any games this year, but thought he might make an interesting 7th round pick perhaps.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thanks sounds good. Do you think Maxim Noreau will get drafted this summer? I don't know if I'll get to see Victo play any games this year, but thought he might make an interesting 7th round pick perhaps.

Noreau is a good Q player, but im not sure he has enough potential to be drafted. But he should get lots of camp offers in the event he isnt drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->