Rimouski oceanic memorial cup chance this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
I know they are not build to won it all this year but the way they are playing last couple of week

In My mind they could be serious contender

here some reason:

-Crosby:best player in the league at 16
-Goalie:one of the best and his a big game player (guillaume Lavallé)
-Defencemen:Solid group of D (Coulombe,sersen,Bolduc)
-the fan: one of the toughest place to play in the Q

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
I think that the team will analyse the situation in decembre in the trade period. If they think they can win, they can do some changes, but the goal is next year and they will not break the next year team for this year. But with the actual team, they can surprised a lot of teams.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Rimouski's problem right now is experience. Gatineau has returned most of their team that won the Q last year, and Cape Breton has added Cyr, Guenette, Bernier, Picard, Fournier, Tessier, Fontaine who have all been a part of long playoff runs before. Also come playoff time there will be a lot more focus on Crosby, so others will have to step up, you can not really focus on only 1 or 2 players on CB or Gat because anyone on their top 3 lines can burn you.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:
Cape Breton has the defense to shut Crosby down, they did it once this season.

Edit: Cape Breton's reasons

- Bernier, Dixon, Guenette, Cyr, Fournier, Tessier all combine for the most offensive firepower in the league.

- Picard and Ramholt are too of the better offensive defensemen in the league.

- Houle is the best goaltender in the league

The only team I am realy scared of in all the CHL is London Knights, the way they score is scary.

A) Asselin scored 28 goals last year and has earned his way onto the 2nd line recently, he deserves mention in that group of forward, as does Demers.

B) Calling Houle the best goalie in the league because he has the best stats is foolish. He's good, but hes not the best, not yet.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Cariboux said:
I think that the team will analyse the situation in decembre in the trade period. If they think they can win, they can do some changes, but the goal is next year and they will not break the next year team for this year. But with the actual team, they can surprised a lot of teams.

Agree. They'll play it smart and add a 20 without overpaying and let the other teams overpay for the Gervais' type players. Next year, they'll go get what they need for their run.

Ticallion961

Mar 27, 2003
Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
Cape Breton has the defense to shut Crosby down, they did it once this season.

Edit: Cape Breton's reasons

- Bernier, Dixon, Guenette, Cyr, Fournier, Tessier all combine for the most offensive firepower in the league.

- Picard and Ramholt are too of the better offensive defensemen in the league.

- Houle is the best goaltender in the league

The only team I am realy scared of in all the CHL is London Knights, the way they score is scary.

I'd be a little concerned about Gatineau. Very good team with lots of experience. Not saying they will win, but they will give CB trouble.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
RyanM said:
Agree. They'll play it smart and add a 20 without overpaying and let the other teams overpay for the Gervais' type players. Next year, they'll go get what they need for their run.

Agree with you. Olivier Didier will not finish the year with the team so they will be able to add a good 20 d-man.

Hitman*

Could you Cape Bretoners tell us Flame fans how Ramholt is looking?

And I think next year, rimouski will win it. When Crosby gets better (that phrase will put chills down opposing coaches spines).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad